Re: [JavaScript] controlling another window

  • Mircea Goia
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2002
      This code below is in a pop-up and when clicked will close the pop-up
      and refresh the main window.
      ----------
      window.close();opener.location.reload()'>Close Window</a>
      -----------

      MIrcea

      bakker51@... wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >Can anybody help me with this?
      >I have a browser window, let's call it the main window, which contains code to open another window, the popup window.
      >
      >Here's the code (it's somewhere in the html body):
      ><script>
      > window.open( someurl, 'popup', 'scrollbars,status=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,toolbar=no,width=600,height=400');
      ></script>
      >
      >I want to have a hyperlink in the popup window which, when clicked, loads new content in the main window. Is this possible?
      >
      >Thanks in advance,
      >
      >Paul.

      Mircea Goia
      Web Developer and web design team coordinator
      http://www.deep.ro (DEEP Foundation)
      http://www.jiuvalley.com (Romania - Jiu Valley regional web portal)
      ----------------
      Mircea Goia
      Dezvoltator web si coordonator echipa web design
      http://www.deep.ro (Fundatia DEEP)
      http://www.valeajiului.ro (Romania - portalul regional al Vaii Jiului)
    • Paul Bakker
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2002

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > --
        > Mircea Goia
        > Web Developer and web design team coordinator
        > http://www.deep.ro (DEEP Foundation)
        > http://www.jiuvalley.com (Romania - Jiu Valley regional web portal)
        > Mircea Goia
        > Dezvoltator web si coordonator echipa web design
        > http://www.deep.ro (Fundatia DEEP)
        > http://www.valeajiului.ro (Romania - portalul regional al Vaii Jiului)

        Thanks! That works fine.

        Paul Bakker