Re: windows.open

  • davidblackledge
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
      --- In javascript3@y..., sepideh_r <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi there-
      > I have a funny problem with this action(windows.open):
      > The opened window contains scroll bars thru my own PC but not thru
      > the others.
      > here is the code:
      > onclick = "window.open

      ('HomePageCompanies.asp','popuppage1','width=350,left=40,top=100,statu
      > s=no,scrollbars=Yes');"
      > or even:
      > onclick = "window.open

      ('HomePageCompanies.asp','popuppage1','width=350,left=40,top=100,statu
      > s=no,scroll=Yes');"
      > Any suggestion, please?
      > regards,
      > sepideh_r

      Time for more cut & paste documentation:
      (From Netscape, stuff not available in IE or that requires a signed
      script deleted)

      Table 1.4 Optional features to specify for a new window.
      windowFeatures Description
      directories If yes, creates the standard browser directory
      buttons, such as What's New and What's Cool.
      height (JavaScript 1.0 and 1.1) Specifies the height of the
      window in pixels.
      location If yes, creates a Location entry field.
      menubar If yes, creates the menu at the top of the window.
      resizable If yes, allows a user to resize the window.
      scrollbars If yes, creates horizontal and vertical scrollbars
      when the Document grows larger than the window dimensions.
      status If yes, creates the status bar at the bottom of the
      window.
      toolbar If yes, creates the standard browser toolbar, with
      buttons such as Back and Forward.
      width (JavaScript 1.0 and 1.1) Specifies the width of the
      window in pixels.

      Now, you had the "scrollbars" right the first time... but they way
      both browsers document it is that you need to set it with "yes" or
      "no" or "1" or "0"... and you're using "Yes"... not far off, but I
      suspect that's the problem... your particular browser version is
      case-insensitive... other ones must not be. So try making the "yes"
      all lowercase... or use a "1"... or my preference is to use the
      documented method of just listing the item with no value... since if
      you do settings and don't list an item it is the same as saying "no"
      for that item, but if you do list it (with no value) it's the same as
      saying "yes" for that item.

      From IE's documentation:
      "When the sFeatures parameter is specified, the features that are not
      defined in the parameter are disabled. Therefore, when using the
      sFeatures parameter, it is necessary to enable all the features that
      are to be included in the new window. If the sFeatures parameter is
      not specified, the window features maintain their default values. In
      addition to enabling a feature by setting it to a specific value,
      simply listing the feature name also enables that feature for the new
      window."

      David.
      http://David.Blackledge.com