methods in javascript 1.3

  • stevehahn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2002
      All methods implemented in JavaScript 1.3 are "undefined" in all
      the latest browser when I run them. Is there something I must do
      to use them?
    • onehottmin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22, 2002
        can you show some examples of the syntax that you used to implement
        these methods or just tell us the methods that you tried?
      • stevehahn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22, 2002
          I am trying to use the call method but it is undefined. I also
          attempted the toSource method on a string and it too is
          undefined. I think all JavaScript 1.3 methods are undefined for
          me. Thanks for your help.

          <HTML>
          <HEAD>

          <SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.1">

          function parentObj(x) {
          this.value=x
          }

          function obj(x,y) {
          alert(parentObj.call) // implemented in 1.3 - undefined
          parentObj.call(this,x)
          this.value2=y
          }

          str="string"
          alert(str.length) // implemented in JavaScript 1.0 - okay
          alert(str.toSource) // implemented in JavaScript 1.3 - undefined

          o=new obj(3,6)
          alert(o.value)
          alert(o.value2)

          </SCRIPT>

          </HEAD>
          <BODY></BODY>
          </HTML>
        • stevehahn
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 22, 2002
            ignore the reference to JavaScript 1.1, I still have the problem
            without it.