DHTML: Can someone get me in the right direction?

  • MariaM
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17 12:41 PM
      Back in 2002 I hired a programmer to create a drop down navigation for me. I updated it when I needed to and stopped using it in 2006

      I recently updated the code however, I'm having one problem that I believe relates to the JS.

      The drop down (for each section) is showing up on the left side of the screen. I am unsure of where or what code to change to move it so that it shows up under the correct place in the nav bar.

      The sample page is here: [url]http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/indexdhtml2.html%5b/url] All but the home page and contact us has a drop down.

      Can you help me figure out how and where I need to go to make the dhtml work correctly?

      If you need more information to help me, just ask. Besides the above page, there are two other js files that relate to this code.

      Thanks much

      Maria Marsala

      http://www.CoachMaria.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19 3:27 PM
        What happens when you run the 2006 version? Does it also show the same
        problem now (and didn't in 2006)?

        If so, what in your environment has changed in the mean time? (E.g. browser
        brand, browser level.)

        > Back in 2002 I hired a programmer to create a drop down navigation for me.
        > I updated it when I needed to and stopped using it in 2006
        >
        > I recently updated the code however, I'm having one problem that I believe
        > relates to the JS.
        >
        > The drop down (for each section) is showing up on the left side of the
        > screen. I am unsure of where or what code to change to move it so that it
        > shows up under the correct place in the nav bar.
        >
        > The sample page is here:
        > [url]http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/indexdhtml2.html%5b/url] All but
        > the home page and contact us has a drop down.
        >

        > Can you help me figure out how and where I need to go to make the dhtml
        > work correctly?
        >
        > If you need more information to help me, just ask. Besides the above
        > page, there are two other js files that relate to this code.
        >
        > Thanks much
        >
        > Maria Marsala
        >
        > http://www.CoachMaria.com

        06:35:00
      • behnam bozorg
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22 6:36 AM
          Hi, its just because of your External .JS file, if you see the error message details, you will see this error "Object expected", it means that you have changed the address or URL of your JS file, check this before checking other parts of your code.

          bye

          > Back in 2002 I hired a programmer to create a drop down navigation for me.
          > I updated it when I needed to and stopped using it in 2006
          >
          > I recently updated the code however, I'm having one problem that I believe
          > relates to the JS.
          >
          > The drop down (for each section) is showing up on the left side of the
          > screen. I am unsure of where or what code to change to move it so that it
          > shows up under the correct place in the nav bar.
          >
          > The sample page is here:
          > [url]http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/indexdhtml2.html%5b/url] All but
          > the home page and contact us has a drop down.
          >

          > Can you help me figure out how and where I need to go to make the dhtml
          > work correctly?
          >
          > If you need more information to help me, just ask. Besides the above
          > page, there are two other js files that relate to this code.
          >
          > Thanks much
          >
          > Maria Marsala
          >
          > http://www.CoachMaria.com

          06:35:00