Text Input (search box)

  • Ev
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2010
      Hi all,

      I haven't done this before but what would be the right way to code a custom search box with a designed background? Or a designed search box if you like?

      Thank you all for replies.

      Ev
    • sonofbluerobot
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2010
        dude, what do you mean by "custom search box"?
        a text-input form control? a select form control?
        the "right way" is the way of Web Standards yo, so you would really be writing markup instead of code, but either way and to confuse this just a wee bit more, it's also going to be depending on your "designed background". You can style the living shit out of forms and form controls, but there are a few caveats that you simply cannot do with CSS. JavaScript's might can and should be used for Progressive Enhancements, which this designed background may very well fall under, but like i said, idk until i see what you're talking about yo. You gotta screenshot?