Re: [JavaScript] Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe?

  • Reeves, AA, ASc
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2010
      There are packages that just convert documents to PDF much like a
      printer driver. Check software at Amazon.

      FYI tho - most of these programs cost about 50% of the the price of an
      Adobe Acrobat Upgrade or Educational version if you can qualify.

      ------
      (REMOVE "NoSPAM." from REPLY address to reply)

      Michael J. Reeves, AA, ASc
      4231 Watrous Avenue
      Sacramento, California 95842
      Voice: (916) 799-2935
      E-Mail: michaeljreeves.ter@...
      REMEMBER: Artificial Intelligence beats real Stupidity!!!

      Failure, the FIRST step toward SUCCESS!!!

      I have no SPAM. I don't give a SPAM.
      I take no SPAM from anyone. I am NOT in the SPAM business!!!

      There are NO OBSTACLES, only CHALLENGES to CONQUER...

      NO PARADOXES, only ILLUSIONS...

      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2010
        Absolutely, there are several. Do a Google search and you'll find them.

        However, my own favourite is one called Cute PDF Writer. It's freeware, and
        installs as a printer on your computer. It's at
        http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp and I've never had it
        fail to produce good output.

        It needs a converter too. They suggest Ghostscript and that's the one I
        use, there are links on the Cute PDF site.

        > Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe? All I need to do is to
        > create PDF files using the print functions, and also be able to combine
        > multiple many PDF files into one PDF file, delete/insert a page in a PDF
        > file. I think Adobe is too expensive, and I am seeking some alternatives.
        >
        > Thanks

        06:25:00
      • tim@timsabin.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2010
          Open Office has the ability to export anything it can read to .PDF format - for FREE. OO Writer is compatible with MS Word. www.openoffice.org

          --Tim Sabin

          This message was created on Pete, Tim's Palm Centro.

          Subj: Re: [JavaScript] Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe?
          Date: Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 pm
          Size: 1K
          To: JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com

          There are packages that just convert documents to PDF much like a
          printer driver. Check software at Amazon.

          FYI tho - most of these programs cost about 50% of the the price of an
          Adobe Acrobat Upgrade or Educational version if you can qualify.

          ------
          (REMOVE "NoSPAM." from REPLY address to reply)

          Michael J. Reeves, AA, ASc
          4231 Watrous Avenue
          Sacramento, California 95842
          Voice: (916) 799-2935
          E-Mail: michaeljreeves.ter@...
          REMEMBER: Artificial Intelligence beats real Stupidity!!!

          Failure, the FIRST step toward SUCCESS!!!

          I have no SPAM. I don't give a SPAM.
          I take no SPAM from anyone. I am NOT in the SPAM business!!!

          There are NO OBSTACLES, only CHALLENGES to CONQUER...

          NO PARADOXES, only ILLUSIONS...

          On 5/26/2010 7:33 AM, Shawn wrote:

          > All:
          >
          > Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe? All I need to do is
          > to create PDF files using the print functions, and also be able to
          > combine multiple many PDF files into one PDF file, delete/insert a
          > page in a PDF file. I think Adobe is too expensive, and I am seeking
          > some alternatives.
          >
          > Thanks

          --- message truncated ---