Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe?

  • Shawn
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2010
      All:

      Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe? All I need to do is to create PDF files using the print functions, and also be able to combine multiple many PDF files into one PDF file, delete/insert a page in a PDF file. I think Adobe is too expensive, and I am seeking some alternatives.

      Thanks
    • Reeves, AA, ASc
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2010
        There are packages that just convert documents to PDF much like a
        printer driver. Check software at Amazon.

        FYI tho - most of these programs cost about 50% of the the price of an
        Adobe Acrobat Upgrade or Educational version if you can qualify.

        ------
        (REMOVE "NoSPAM." from REPLY address to reply)

        Michael J. Reeves, AA, ASc
        4231 Watrous Avenue
        Sacramento, California 95842
        Voice: (916) 799-2935
        E-Mail: michaeljreeves.ter@...
        REMEMBER: Artificial Intelligence beats real Stupidity!!!

        Failure, the FIRST step toward SUCCESS!!!

        I have no SPAM. I don't give a SPAM.
        I take no SPAM from anyone. I am NOT in the SPAM business!!!

        There are NO OBSTACLES, only CHALLENGES to CONQUER...

        NO PARADOXES, only ILLUSIONS...

        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2010
          Absolutely, there are several. Do a Google search and you'll find them.

          However, my own favourite is one called Cute PDF Writer. It's freeware, and
          installs as a printer on your computer. It's at
          http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp and I've never had it
          fail to produce good output.

          It needs a converter too. They suggest Ghostscript and that's the one I
          use, there are links on the Cute PDF site.

          > Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe? All I need to do is to
          > create PDF files using the print functions, and also be able to combine
          > multiple many PDF files into one PDF file, delete/insert a page in a PDF
          > file. I think Adobe is too expensive, and I am seeking some alternatives.
          >
          > Thanks

          06:25:00
        • tim@timsabin.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2010
            Open Office has the ability to export anything it can read to .PDF format - for FREE. OO Writer is compatible with MS Word. www.openoffice.org

            --Tim Sabin

            This message was created on Pete, Tim's Palm Centro.

            Subj: Re: [JavaScript] Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe?
            Date: Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 pm
            Size: 1K
            To: JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com

            There are packages that just convert documents to PDF much like a
            printer driver. Check software at Amazon.

            FYI tho - most of these programs cost about 50% of the the price of an
            Adobe Acrobat Upgrade or Educational version if you can qualify.

            ------
            (REMOVE "NoSPAM." from REPLY address to reply)

            Michael J. Reeves, AA, ASc
            4231 Watrous Avenue
            Sacramento, California 95842
            Voice: (916) 799-2935
            E-Mail: michaeljreeves.ter@...
            REMEMBER: Artificial Intelligence beats real Stupidity!!!

            Failure, the FIRST step toward SUCCESS!!!

            I have no SPAM. I don't give a SPAM.
            I take no SPAM from anyone. I am NOT in the SPAM business!!!

            There are NO OBSTACLES, only CHALLENGES to CONQUER...

            NO PARADOXES, only ILLUSIONS...

            On 5/26/2010 7:33 AM, Shawn wrote:

            > All:
            >
            > Are there any other PDF products other than Adobe? All I need to do is
            > to create PDF files using the print functions, and also be able to
            > combine multiple many PDF files into one PDF file, delete/insert a
            > page in a PDF file. I think Adobe is too expensive, and I am seeking
            > some alternatives.
            >
            > Thanks

            --- message truncated ---