A larger image instead of pop up

  • phplebanon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2010
      Hello,
      I need to have code for a larger image onclick instead of pop up, the web site is :
      http://www.joeghanem.com/gallery.php

      When I click a link on the right, instead of pop up window, I need to have the picture loaded in the same page

      Thank you
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2010
        In order to load it in the same page you would either (1) need to download
        the full-resolution of all the pictures at the time the page was loaded
        initially (not a good idea) or (2) use a dynamic system, such as AJAX, I
        believe.

        An alternative is not to load it in the same page, but to load it in a page
        that has the same URL and looks pretty much the same (i.e. a recursive call
        of the page to itself). This would have an area up the top or somewhere
        that is only filled if a thumbnail has been clicked.

        What specific difficulties are you having implementing this?

        > I need to have code for a larger image onclick instead of pop up, the web
        > site is :
        > http://www.joeghanem.com/gallery.php
        >
        > When I click a link on the right, instead of pop up window, I need to have
        > the picture loaded in the same page
        >
        > Thank you

        18:32:00