How to "Freeze" then Reload Screen?

  • bobinyec
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2010
      I have a page with quite a few elements in it. At one point, I need to recalculate the position of everything, element by element. The computations are a bit lengthy, so it looks like the page is being repainted, element by element. Of course, it is, but it doesn't look good. It would be better if the screen were frozen while everything was being updated, and then was refreshed when everything is ready. How can I do that?

      Thanks,
      John Bobinyec
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2010
        DON'T do the computations in JavaScript. Instead, submit the page with a
        request to move the elements. When the server is done, it sends the new
        page via a standard HTTP response. Magically, everything will show up in
        the new position at once.

        --Tim Sabin