problems with popup in firefox

  • blackfmd
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
      I have a home page set up in firefox which opens up a popup window that allows me to connect to the internet. Lately I've been having problems with it cause I can't minimize the popup - when I click on minimize it starts minimizing and maximizing over and over and freezes firefox so I have to end the program. I also can't click on or work with the main window while the popup is active unless I shut the popup window down. I usually leave the popup on all the time just minimize it and keep browsing the web normally but now it won't let me!!! help :(
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2010
        Sounds as though you've changed something in the code. Can you go back to a
        backup and either put that in or do a code comparison to check what has
        changed?

        If not, then you'll need to post the appropriate code - i.e. the code that
        creates the popup and all the code from the popup.

        >I have a home page set up in firefox which opens up a popup window that
        >allows me to connect to the internet. Lately I've been having problems with
        >it cause I can't minimize the popup - when I click on minimize it starts
        >minimizing and maximizing over and over and freezes firefox so I have to
        >end the program. I also can't click on or work with the main window while
        >the popup is active unless I shut the popup window down. I usually leave
        >the popup on all the time just minimize it and keep browsing the web
        >normally but now it won't let me!!! help :(

        19:33:00
      • tim@timsabin.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2010
          There's a very simple solution to this, and it has nothing to do with JavaScript. Simply grab the title bar of the annoying screen, and move it until 99% of it is hidden below the bottom of the screen.

          --Tim

          This message was created on Pete, Tim's Palm Centro.

          Subj: [JavaScript] problems with popup in firefox
          Date: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm
          Size: 1K
          To: JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com

          I have a home page set up in firefox which opens up a popup window that allows me to connect to the internet. Lately I've been having problems with it cause I can't minimize the popup - when I click on minimize it starts minimizing and maximizing over and over and freezes firefox so I have to end the program. I also can't click on or work with the main window while the popup is active unless I shut the popup window down. I usually leave the popup on all the time just minimize it and keep browsing the web normally but now it won't let me!!! help :(

          --- message truncated ---