RE: [JavaScript] Is it possible to write a script(Java script or PHP) to auto login to a website?

  • ComPhilip
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2009
      It is possible to do so in theory.

      Before doing so. You have to get one thing clearly that how the website
      recognizes users who already login.

      Session is the very technology many web application used to remember those
      already login users.

      When the user submit the username and password, if is validated, the server
      set a flag at session and set a cookie to the client. The cookie contains a
      value called Session ID. So when user send request next time, the cookie
      value will send together to let server used it as key to get user’s
      session. Then check the flag to see if the user has login.

      So you can write a function to send username and password to the server(via
      HTTP POST). Then you must have keep the cookie value when server responses.