Is it possible to write a script(Java script or PHP) to auto login to a website?

  • samikuti2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2009
      I want to know if there is a way to write a function(java script or PHP) so that i can pass a username and password and it will log me to a website?

      I just want to know if that is possible; and just a hint how to start to not the whole code?

      thank you
    • ComPhilip
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2009
        It is possible to do so in theory.

        Before doing so. You have to get one thing clearly that how the website
        recognizes users who already login.

        Session is the very technology many web application used to remember those
        already login users.

        When the user submit the username and password, if is validated, the server
        set a flag at session and set a cookie to the client. The cookie contains a
        value called Session ID. So when user send request next time, the cookie
        value will send together to let server used it as key to get user’s
        session. Then check the flag to see if the user has login.

        So you can write a function to send username and password to the server(via
        HTTP POST). Then you must have keep the cookie value when server responses.