Re: input type="file"

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2009
      > input type="file" Posted by: "shadeoh" healthyhiker2005@...
      > shadeoh Date: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:07 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Hi All:
      >
      > Does anyone know how to style the browse button? I've seen a few
      > solutions on the web that work quite well for IE, but not for Firefox
      > or any other compliant browsers.
      >
      > Furthermore, why doesn't the W3 fix this tag so that it can be
      > styled? Workaround patches should be an interim solution, not a
      > permanent fix.
      >
      > Shadeoh

      http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

      Personally, I'd prefer that this element NOT be stylable, as IMO this
      makes it way too easy for someone to cook up exploits; my reasoning is
      that, since this element has access to the user's filesystem, its
      appearance should be determined by the OS.

      --
      This message has not been scanned for viruses.

      Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
      system or software, and use only plaintext
      for email, there is little need for me to do so.