Re: [JavaScript] is there any way to identify that no response has been returned in ajax callback

  • Bipool
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2009
      You can check following way
      unction getsomething_CallBack(response)
      {
      if(response)
      {
      var ds = response.value;
      if(ds)alert(ds.Tables[0].Rows.length);

      On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Nikeeta Vanjara <Nikeeta.Vanjara@...
      > wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > i have problem, while using ajax , we get its response in its call back
      > method, if there is response then i can get its length like
      >
      > for eg.
      > function getsomething_CallBack(response)
      > {
      >
      > var ds = response.value;
      > alert(ds.Tables[0].Rows.length);
      > }
      >
      > bur if database does not return any value then i can not get any prompt or
      > some "undefined" kind of message, not even any javascript error,
      >
      > hence is there any way to identify that no response has been returned in
      > ajax callback method ?
      >
      > thank u...

    • mahesh chelluboina
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2009
        Hi ,

        If there is no repsonse or value . in the call back method you can put an if condition as

        if(response.value){
        do bussinesslogic}
        else{

        do error control logic
        }

        value is not returned then you can tackle in the else condition

        Regards,
        Mahesh

        i have problem, while using ajax , we get its response in its call back method, if there is response then i can get its length like

        for eg.
        function getsomething_ CallBack( response)
        {

        var ds = response.value;
        alert(ds.Tables[ 0].Rows.length) ;
        }

        bur if database does not return any value then i can not get any prompt or some "undefined" kind of message, not even any javascript error,

        hence is there any way to identify that no response has been returned in ajax callback method ?

        thank u...

        Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

      • janwen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
          Bipool wrote:

          > You can check following way
          > unction getsomething_CallBack(response)
          > {
          > if(response)
          > {
          > var ds = response.value;
          > if(ds)alert(ds.Tables[0].Rows.length);
          >
          > On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Nikeeta Vanjara
          > <Nikeeta.Vanjara@... <mailto:Nikeeta.Vanjara%40gmail.com>
          > > wrote:
          >

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > i have problem, while using ajax , we get its response in its call back
          > > method, if there is response then i can get its length like
          > >
          > > for eg.
          > > function getsomething_CallBack(response)
          > > {
          > >
          > > var ds = response.value;
          > > alert(ds.Tables[0].Rows.length);
          > > }
          > >
          > > bur if database does not return any value then i can not get any
          > prompt or
          > > some "undefined" kind of message, not even any javascript error,
          > >
          > > hence is there any way to identify that no response has been returned in
          > > ajax callback method ?
          > >
          > > thank u...

          that is easy to do that,do like this:
          if response is plain text
          if(xmlHttpRequest.responseText != null){
          }

          if response is xml document like this:
          if(xmlHttpRequest.responseXML != null){

        • Nikeeta Vanjara
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
            Thanks a lot mahesh and bipool,
            but that problem has been re-solved , actully it was not problem, it was a
            codding misake, if it we pass some input then only that method was getting
            called (there was if condition) hence then only i was getting some value in
            response, hence have added validation to pass atleast input to get response
            on button click,

            if(response) was working but response.value was giving javascript error
            saying object does not support this property

            thank u once again...