To Moderator

  • don_moir_1
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2009
      Hi,

      I joined the JavaScript_Official group and received the welcome message. None of my posted get posted but I do receive emails from other members...

      Just wondering whats up.

      Thanks

      Don
    • Prabhjot Singh
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
        Hi,

        I m want to use JQuery validator plugin with cakePHP form naming convention i.e. <input type="text" name="data[Content][sPageName]" id="pagename" />.

        My code is:
        $(’#addContent’).validate({
        rules:{
        data[Content][sPageName]:”required”
        }
        });

        over here it's taking data[Content][sPageName] as array and give error.

        is there any other way to do it?

        I also tries it with id but still not working like;
        $(’#addContent’).validate({
        rules:{
        $(’#pagename’):”required”
        }
        });

        ThanQ
        Prabh

        A bird can love a fish, but where do they live...

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
          Way out of my area here, but I did a Google search and there are lots of
          hits for "jquery validator cakephp javascript" (without the quotes, of
          course). This one
          http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/jquery-in-the-cakephp-world-part-2-is-client-side-code-all-that-great/
          seems to be saying you DO want to take "data[][]" as an array.

          It seems to be saying that

          data[Content][sPageName] ...

          would use quotes to become

          data['Content']['sPageName'] ...

          or perhaps

          data['Content'][sPageName]

          if sPageName is a JavaScript variable, rather than a literal.

          However, have a look at the article and also do the Google search. This is
          not a new subject, by the look of it.

          I joined the JavaScript_Official group and received the welcome message.
          None of my posted get posted but I do receive emails from other members...

          Just wondering whats up.

          Thanks

          Don

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

        • Prabhjot Singh
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
            thanx for replying... but i already been through tht article earlier and it talks bout server side validation with JQuery in cakephp.. i need for cakePHP's client side validation...

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
              and FYI David, when we say <input type=text name="data[Content][sPageName]" id="pagename" /> in cakePHP here "Content" is Model name(table) and "sPageName" is field name in the respective table. So in order to do things in cake's way we have to keep the name as data[Content][sPageName] although we can use simple naming convetions over here but tht's not considered as gd practise in cake.

              Lemme knw if i confussed you!

              thanQ for showing interest in my prob.

              Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
                You can't break JavaScript in order to help cakePHP.

                The item I referenced appears to be doing things in the cakePHP "way", but
                using JavaScript syntax. I.e. it puts quotes around the table and field
                names.

                I don't expect that you're going to get much closer than that - unless, of
                course, you simply define JavaScript constants such as "var Content =
                "Content";".

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
                  thanx David,

                  I found a way out... now i changed the jquery validator file and now it's using elements id instead of name. I just replaced element.name to element.id in the whole validator file... it worked for me as element name can be anything in cakephp!