AJAX Error

  • discoveryenigma
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
      Iam writing the code in HTML bother client and server script, the
      code exactly from www.W3Cschools.com.The examples work on the
      internet from their web pages but not when only the code of the
      example is tried in own servers, i.e apart from the w3cschools web
      pages excluding the educational content.It is sending back the whole
      server script as AJAX response.

      I tried alerting the response and found this as rsponse

      <%response.expires=-1;response.write(time);%>

      insted of time as AJAX response.

      This is the same case with other examples, that it returns the while
      server script content rather than the result of the code after
      processing.

      I have deployed the application in Apache Jakarta Tomcat server and
      iam facing this problem.

      The server script script is wholly returned instead of the processing
      and returing the result.

      If anybody knows what's the correction or what's the reason or
      either, let me know.

      Thanking you,
      Lynn
    • soren.j.winslow@cummins.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
        Is your Ajax code pulling (or pushing) information on the same site or
        from an external site?

        I was having problems with a script that was pulling information (rss
        feeds) from another site and the problem ended up being that my web host
        had to add my source to their firewall exceptions.

        Soren

        discoveryenigma <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent by: JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com
        10/10/2008 04:15 AM