Re: [JavaScript] help

  • Dermot
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 9, 2008
      2008/7/8 Salilendra Kumar <contactsalilendra@...>:
      > which type of information you want. give detail.
      >
      > On 7/8/08, t tahriran <tahriran@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> hi i live in iran i dont know language english very mutch
      >> can you help me?
      >> i want information about java script

      I think this is one of the best on-line references available but it is
      in English but there are other languages listed.

      http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript

      For tutorials I really like brainjar.com.

      Good luck,
      Dp.
    • Bhavesh Shah
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 9, 2008
        Hi,

        Let me know,what you want to know ?

        Thanks and Regards

        Bhavesh Shah l Direction Software Solutions l

        Cell: +919819613382 l Tele: +91-022-66615000 l Ext: 332

        _____

        which type of information you want. give detail.

        On 7/8/08, t tahriran <tahriran@yahoo. <mailto:tahriran%40yahoo.com> com>
        wrote:

        > hi i live in iran i dont know language english very mutch
        > can you help me?
        > i want information about java script

      • Paul Jinks
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 10, 2008
          One possible starting place is Wikipedia in Farsi:
          http://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javascript

          If there are any good resources for javascript in Farsi, they might be
          listed there. My farsi isn't good enough to know ;-)

          Apologies if you already tried this and good luck

          Paul (in England)

          On Wed, July 9, 2008 12:43 am, Michael Horowitz wrote:
          > I would remind Americans it may be a felony to provide any assistance to
          > someone in Iran.
          >
          > Salilendra Kumar wrote:
          >>
          >> which type of information you want. give detail.
          >>
          >> On 7/8/08, t tahriran <tahriran@...
          >> <mailto:tahriran%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > hi i live in iran i dont know language english very mutch
          >> > can you help me?
          >> > i want information about java script

          Check out my website: http://www.pauljinks.co.uk :o)
        • Jonas Raoni
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 10, 2008
            On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Michael Horowitz
            <michael@...> wrote:
            > I would remind Americans it may be a felony to provide any assistance to
            > someone in Iran.

            lol :D

            --
            Jonas Raoni Soares Silva
            http://jsfromhell.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 10, 2008
              > Re: help
              > Posted by: "Michael Horowitz" michael@... michaelh613
              > Date: Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:11 pm ((PDT))
              >
              > I would remind Americans it may be a felony to provide any assistance to
              > someone in Iran.

              I would remind you that we don't tolerate flame-baiting (nationalistic
              or otherwise) on this list.

              > Salilendra Kumar wrote:
              >> >
              >> > which type of information you want. give detail.

              This message has not been scanned for viruses.

              Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
              system or software, and use only plaintext
              for email, there is little need for me to do so.
            • Michael Horowitz
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 11, 2008
                There is nothing flame bating about it

                Iran is a terrorist country on par with Nazi Germany in the 40s
                (Including a desire to commit genocide against Jews)

                Would you have helped a citizen of Nazi Germany learn programming not
                knowing if it was going to be used to help Hitler in his warmongering or
                his genocide against the Jews.

                Remember Javascript is a client side language which makes it an
                excellent resource for cyber warfare. We've had several people in the
                past ask about writing viruses on the list and we've been smart enough
                to refuse to help them.

                We don't know what this citizen of a terrorist state, that has killed
                thousands of people plans to do with this skill. I wouldn't have wanted
                to be the people who trained the 911 hijackers how to fly a plane. I
                won't be the person to train a potential cyber terrorist how to program.

                Jon Stephens wrote:

                > > Re: help
                > > Posted by: "Michael Horowitz" michael@...
                > <mailto:michael%40horowitzfamily.net> michaelh613
                > > Date: Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:11 pm ((PDT))
                > >
                > > I would remind Americans it may be a felony to provide any
                > assistance to
                > > someone in Iran.
                >
                > I would remind you that we don't tolerate flame-baiting (nationalistic
                > or otherwise) on this list.

                > <mailto:tahriran%40yahoo.com>

                > --
                > This message has not been scanned for viruses.
                >
                > Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
                > system or software, and use only plaintext
                > for email, there is little need for me to do so.

              • Kevin Scott
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 11, 2008
                  Absolutely, Michael, I agree. We should somehow find a way to destroy the
                  Internet in Iran, a terrorist country on par with Nazi Germany in the 40s,
                  because the Internet is a conduit for free information that can help you or
                  your enemies or destroy you or your enemies. We should destroy the Internet
                  in Iran. We should kill anything in Iran that is similar in its freeness.
                  We should discriminate against Iranians and somehow mark their posts. Do
                  you have any suggestion on how we should go about doing this, Mr. Horowitz?

                  2008/7/11 Michael Horowitz <michael@...>:

                  > There is nothing flame bating about it
                  >
                  > Iran is a terrorist country on par with Nazi Germany in the 40s
                  > (Including a desire to commit genocide against Jews)
                  >
                  > Would you have helped a citizen of Nazi Germany learn programming not
                  > knowing if it was going to be used to help Hitler in his warmongering or
                  > his genocide against the Jews.
                  >
                  > Remember Javascript is a client side language which makes it an
                  > excellent resource for cyber warfare. We've had several people in the
                  > past ask about writing viruses on the list and we've been smart enough
                  > to refuse to help them.
                  >
                  > We don't know what this citizen of a terrorist state, that has killed
                  > thousands of people plans to do with this skill. I wouldn't have wanted
                  > to be the people who trained the 911 hijackers how to fly a plane. I
                  > won't be the person to train a potential cyber terrorist how to program.
                  >
                  > Jon Stephens wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Re: help
                  > > > Posted by: "Michael Horowitz" michael@...<michael%40horowitzfamily.net>
                  > > <mailto:michael%40horowitzfamily.net <michael%2540horowitzfamily.net>>
                  > michaelh613
                  > > > Date: Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:11 pm ((PDT))
                  > > >
                  > > > I would remind Americans it may be a felony to provide any
                  > > assistance to
                  > > > someone in Iran.
                  > >
                  > > I would remind you that we don't tolerate flame-baiting (nationalistic
                  > > or otherwise) on this list.

                  > > <mailto:tahriran%40yahoo.com <tahriran%2540yahoo.com>>

                  > > --
                  > > This message has not been scanned for viruses.
                  > >
                  > > Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
                  > > system or software, and use only plaintext
                  > > for email, there is little need for me to do so.

                • Z T Minhas
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 11, 2008
                    Michael

                    will you please SHUT UP? We are trying to discuss how to colorize buttons, and make enable and disable textboxes. Keep your politics out of this group. Moderator please decide what needs to be done here?

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
                      > Re: help
                      > Posted by: "Michael Horowitz" michael@... michaelh613
                      > Date: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm ((PDT))
                      >
                      > There is nothing flame bating about it

                      Hello Michael,

                      I see a number of exaggerations, half-truths, and misrepresentations
                      having come from you based on nothing other than the nationality of the
                      original poster. Thus my "flamebait" tag, and I stand by it.

                      I've responded to your points below.

                      > Iran is a terrorist country on par with Nazi Germany in the 40s

                      I fail to see any basis for meaningful comparison. Iran has not
                      conquered any of its neighbours (much less nearly all of them). Iran has
                      not exterminated tens of millions of people based on their ethnicity.

                      This is not to suggest that I regard the current régime in Iran as some
                      paragon of virtue - I don't, and I'm quite happy not to live there.

                      > (Including a desire to commit genocide against Jews)

                      Logical error: The desire to do something (even where it can be proven)
                      is not the same as actually having done it.

                      Furthermore, I find it interesting (and I admit a little surprising) to
                      read, 'Iran supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim
                      country. ... In the midst of tensions between the U.S and Iran and
                      between Iran and Israel, Jewish-Iranian Americans and Israelis offered
                      money to the remaining Jews in Iran in order to help them relocate to
                      California and/or Israel. In August 2007, the Iranian Jews in Iran
                      responded by dismissing them as "immature political enticements."'
                      (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews)

                      > Would you have helped a citizen of Nazi Germany learn programming not
                      > knowing if it was going to be used to help Hitler in his warmongering or
                      > his genocide against the Jews.

                      If I had *evidence* that someone was going to use my assistance to
                      perpetrate acts against humanity, I might refrain from giving it, yes.
                      No such evidence has been presented in this case. A person's nationality
                      is not evidence of his beliefs or intentions. Perhaps your hypothetical
                      German was apolitical, or even a member of the resistance?

                      > Remember Javascript is a client side language which makes it an
                      > excellent resource for cyber warfare.

                      Poppycock. However, you've demonstrated quite well how email and mailing
                      lists can be abused to scare-monger.

                      > We've had several people in the
                      > past ask about writing viruses on the list and we've been smart enough
                      > to refuse to help them.

                      You must be confusing this list with another one. I've scanned the list
                      archive and don't find anything like what you suggest. In any event,
                      JavaScript and computer viruses have little if anything to do with one
                      another.

                      > We don't know what this citizen of a terrorist state, that has killed
                      > thousands of people plans to do with this skill.

                      That is correct (and the only thing you've said that I can agree with).
                      *We don't know.* By the same token, we don't know what a citizen of
                      Israel or the United States might do, either, and both of these
                      countries have committed acts that some might find disagreeable. *We
                      don't know.* For that matter, aiding a citizen of Sweden might at some
                      unknown future date engender a Swedish reconquest of Finland!

                      *We don't know.*

                      Scary, isn't it?

                      > I wouldn't have wanted
                      > to be the people who trained the 911 hijackers how to fly a plane. I
                      > won't be the person to train a potential cyber terrorist how to program.

                      Unless I knew for certain that the person whom I taught had the
                      intention of using this knowledge committing such acts, I would not be
                      responsible.

                      Now that we're done with our little side-trip through the realm of FUD
                      and the off-topic:

                      This list doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion, political
                      affiliation, or national origin. Your attack was pure FUD, made solely
                      on grounds of nationality (thus was not appropriate for this list), was
                      therefore not welcome, and you have already been asked to refrain from
                      making any more attacks.

                      If you don't find this agreeable, then I invite you to subscribe to a
                      list that does discriminate in a manner more to your liking.

                      cheers

                      jon.

                      >> > <mailto:michael%40horowitzfamily.net> michaelh613

                      >> > assistance to
                      >> >
                      >> > I would remind you that we don't tolerate flame-baiting (nationalistic
                      >> > or otherwise) on this list.

                      >> > <mailto:tahriran%40yahoo.com>

                      --
                      This message has not been scanned for viruses.

                      Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
                      system or software, and use only plaintext
                      for email, there is little need for me to do so.
                    • Ryan Doherty
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
                        Could you guys please take this off-list? It's way off topic.
                        Thanks,
                        -Ryan

                        On Jul 13, 2008, at 1:42 AM, Jon Stephens wrote:

> [...]
                        >
                        > This list doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion, political
                        > affiliation, or national origin. Your attack was pure FUD, made solely
                        > on grounds of nationality (thus was not appropriate for this list),
                        > was
                        > therefore not welcome, and you have already been asked to refrain from
                        > making any more attacks.
                        >
                        > If you don't find this agreeable, then I invite you to subscribe to a
                        > list that does discriminate in a manner more to your liking.
                        >
                        > cheers
                        >
                        > jon.

                        > (nationalistic

                        > very mutch
                        >
                        > --
                        > This message has not been scanned for viruses.
                        >
                        > Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
                        > system or software, and use only plaintext
                        > for email, there is little need for me to do so.

                        Ryan Doherty
                        rdoherty@...
                      • ztminhas
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
                          Mr. Tahriran,

                          I reiterate my willingness to help you. In order for all to understand
                          your request, please feel free to post on the board. We ALL welcome
                          your questions.

                          Zafar

                          --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, t tahriran <tahriran@...>