Re: [JavaScript] Java script Debugger

  • Michael Horowitz
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
      New people may not know what is out there. My problem isn't with people
      who don't know, its with those who don't want to know and just want
      other people to do their work

      Anyway some suggestions

      http://www.jonathanboutelle.com/mt/archives/2006/01/howto_debug_jav.html
      http://www.getfirebug.com/js.html

      Z T Minhas wrote:

      > wow.... Where have you been all these years?
      >
      > hemant.bagul wrote:
      > > hello friends is there any java script debugger avaliable
      > >
      > > if there plz give me the link from which i can download it
      > > Individual Email | Traditional
      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

      > Be a better friend, newshound, and
      > <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

    • Ryan Doherty
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
        -Firebug
        -Venkman
        -IE 8's javascript debugger

        hth,
        Ryan

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
          The best/easiest way to do this is put the text initially in a text
          box, and set the attribute "readonly". Include an onClick handler that
          turns off the readonly attribute: onClick="this.readonly = false;" .

          --Tim Sabin

          > Hi
          >
          > I like to know how to make text editable on click, like when you
          click on it,, it becomes a textbox.

          > Thanks..

        • Joseph Cosmas
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
            Not sure whether your question is clear* but I will try narrate hints of one method out of many (possibly).

            If the text you want to change has another characters on left and right in that same line then you should make a row with three columns to form that line (resolution variation? your HW!). The text should be in the middle column <tr>, which defined with ID. After that you make two java functions (one excute onLoad and another onClick) preceded with constant declaration as follows

            0. Define global variable textID
            1. onLoad function(passing <tr> ID, textID)
            1.(a) document write (textID, showing it is hyperlink)

            2. onClick function(passing textID, <tr>ID)
            2.(a) hide the textID
            2.(b) document write (your textbox)

            hope will work and someone else can show better alternative.
            Thnx

            NB: * doubt of clearness is thinking (loudly) that you mean click a word and textbox appeear in front of it!

            I like to know how to make text editable on click, like when you click on it,, it becomes a textbox.

            Thanks..

            Welcome to the next generation of Windows Live
            http://www.windowsl ive.co.uk/ get-live

            <!--

            #ygrp-mkp{
            #ygrp-mkp hr{
            border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
            #ygrp-mkp #hd{
            #ygrp-mkp #ads{
            margin-bottom:10px;}
            #ygrp-mkp .ad{
            padding:0 0;}
            #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
            color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
            -->

            <!--

            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
            font-family:Arial;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
            margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
            -->

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{
            font-family:Georgia;
            }
            #ygrp-text p{
            margin:0 0 1em 0;}
            #ygrp-tpmsgs{
            font-family:Arial;
            clear:both;}
            #ygrp-vitnav{
            #ygrp-vitnav a{
            padding:0 1px;}
            #ygrp-actbar{
            #ygrp-actbar .left{
            float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
            .bld{font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-grft{
            #ygrp-ft{
            padding:5px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
            padding-bottom:10px;}

            #ygrp-reco {
            margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
            #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
            font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}

            #reco-grpname{
            font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
            #reco-category{
            font-size:77%;}
            #reco-desc{
            font-size:77%;}

            #ygrp-vital{
            #ygrp-vital #vithd{
            #ygrp-vital ul{
            padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
            #ygrp-vital ul li{
            #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
            #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-vital a{
            text-decoration:none;}

            #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            color:#999;font-size:77%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            padding:8px 0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            text-decoration:none;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            margin:0;}
            o{font-size:0;}
            .MsoNormal{
            margin:0 0 0 0;}
            #ygrp-text tt{
            font-size:120%;}
            blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            .replbq{margin:4;}
            -->

          • gaelbarbin
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
              you can use firebug with firefox, and many others addons which will
              help you to debug javascript and web pages.

              --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, Z T Minhas <ztminhas@...>
              wrote:

              > wow.... Where have you been all these years?
              >
              > hemant.bagul wrote:
              > > hello friends is there any java script debugger avaliable
              > >
              > > if there plz give me the link from which i can download it
              > > Individual Email | Traditional
              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Be a better friend, newshound, and

            • Jim Vezina
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
                There are a bunch of extensions for firefox, like firebug.

                Some include a javascript debugger, plus plenty of other extremely useful
                tools.

                The only problem is they'll make it so much easier to get your web site
                working in firefox, but then you'll have to deal with IE. ;)

              • Alexander Perez
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 14, 2008
                  Others have posted, but I'd like to contribute as well. Depending on
                  what browser you use you have different options. For Firefox there is
                  the great combination of Firebug & Yslow, just open up Firefox and go
                  to https://addons.mozilla.org then search for the above items.

                  For IE, I use "Microsfts Developer Toolbar".
                  http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft+web+developer+toolbar+site%3Amicrosoft.com

                  Hope this helps.

                  --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, "hemant.bagul"