Re: [JavaScript] Lightbox and PVII navigation

  • Mim McConnell
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 15, 2007
      So if they have this collision problem, is there no way to fix it?

      Mim

      --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, Tim Sabin <tim@...> wrote:

      > If you don't even know the basics of Javascript, this is going to be
      tough.

      > You place alert boxes within JavaScript. This is either within the .js
      > files or in the body of the <script> tag. This is a very basic
      debugging
      > technique in JavaScript; I suspect that your trouble is within your
      > code, and not because of a conflict between the two packages.
      >
      > The function name difficulties would be in the package code
      contained in
      > the .js files. This is an example of a collision problem:
      > In one package you see the line
      > function showImage (img) {
      > and in the other you see the line
      > function showImage (src) {
      > Because both packages declare the function showImage, you have a
      > collision between the two packages.
      >
      > Like I said, I suspect that the trouble is in your code, but right now
      > there's no way to be sure.
      >
      > --Tim Sabin

      > >> absolute

      > >> out

      > >> 20Botanicals/index.shtml

      > >> 20Botanicals/bath-salts.shtml

      > >> will

      > >> 20Botanicals/Scripts/lightbox.css

      > >> 20Botanicals/js/prototype.js

      > >> 20Botanicals/js/lightbox.js
      > >>

      > > Visit http://aiaiai.com for more groups to join
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • tresschwartzs
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 16, 2007
        --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, "Mim McConnell"
        <sheltercovepublishing@...> wrote:
        > I don't think I would know what to look for. I really don't know JS.

        You are doomed. Get a decent JavaScript book and study it. Google
        "javascript tutorial" and work your way through a couple of them. I've
        been writing JS pretty much full-time for about two years and feel
        very comfortable with the language and its quirks.

        If you have a programming background and know a couple of programming
        languages already, it should only take you a couple of weeks to start
        getting productive. I do not think this is the case from your
        comments. If you do not have a programming mindset, you may never
        become productive.

        Once you feel you have a basic handle on JS, google "firebug". As far
        as writing JS, I prefer NetBeans, YMMV.

        doug
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 19, 2007
          There are 2 ways that I can think of: 1) go into one of the packages and
          change all of the collision references, and also change references that
          are to that package in your code, and 2) encapsulate both packages in
          JavaScript objects. If you don't know JavaScript programming, you won't
          be able to accomplish this. Either find someone that can do this, or, as
          someone else here suggested, go through some tutorials to get
          up-to-speed on JavaScript.

          --Tim Sabin