Javascript Email Form Question

  • Eric S
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hello JavaScript Geeks!

      I am writing an email form, using HTML textboxes and JavaScript coding
      where the user enters info. I know how to bring up a email form (say
      Outlook), and fill in the email form items, such
      as "To:", "CC", "Subject", and the body of the email to be sent.

      My question is, how can I click a Submit button, and AUTOMATICALLY send
      this email form out, rather than it displaying, and then I have to hit
      the send button.

      Also, while viewing the email form with all of the info in it, is there
      a way to trap the user from entering any other info in the email form?

      Thanks,
      ERIC
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
        > Javascript Email Form Question
        > Posted by: "Eric S" wsvnradio@... wsvnradio
        > Date: Thu Nov 1, 2007 4:02 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > Hello JavaScript Geeks!
        >
        > I am writing an email form, using HTML textboxes and JavaScript coding
        > where the user enters info. I know how to bring up a email form (say
        > Outlook), and fill in the email form items, such
        > as "To:", "CC", "Subject", and the body of the email to be sent.
        >
        > My question is, how can I click a Submit button, and AUTOMATICALLY send
        > this email form out, rather than it displaying, and then I have to hit
        > the send button.

        Don't use JavaScript for this. Use the server.

        --
        This message has not been scanned for viruses.

        Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
        system or software, and use only plaintext
        for email, there is little need for me to do so.