Error in script

  • OwaiZ
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2007
      Hi

      I have script between my head tags. The error is coming right after the
      </script> tag. If i perform the same check before closing the </script>
      tag the error disapears.
      And the line number suggested by the error does not contain an error!
      What could be causing this?

      Line: 311
      Error: Expected ')'
      Code: 0
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2007
        It's a syntax error. Cut and paste your code so we can check it out.

        --Tim Sabin

        OwaiZ wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I have script between my head tags. The error is coming right after the
        > </script> tag. If i perform the same check before closing the </script>
        > tag the error disapears.
        > And the line number suggested by the error does not contain an error!
        > What could be causing this?
        >
        > Line: 311
        > Error: Expected ')'
        > Code: 0
        >

        > Visit http://aiaiai.com for more groups to join
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Abhishek Acharya
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2007
          Script errors could not be resolved merely by watching one line,

          most probably, you have not put an closing brace, plz recheck, if you have used any if clause or.. so.....

          --Abhishek

          Tim Sabin <tim@...> wrote: It's a syntax error. Cut and paste your code so we can check it out.

          --Tim Sabin

          OwaiZ wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I have script between my head tags. The error is coming right after the
          > </script> tag. If i perform the same check before closing the </script>
          > tag the error disapears.
          > And the line number suggested by the error does not contain an error!
          > What could be causing this?
          >
          > Line: 311
          > Error: Expected ')'
          > Code: 0
          >

          > Visit http://aiaiai.com for more groups to join
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Abhishek Acharya

          E-153, Ramesh Marg, C-Scheme, Jaipur.
          Rajasthan.
          pin code : 302001

        • Jonas Raoni
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
            On 9/28/07, Abhishek Acharya <kristo_abhi@...> wrote:
            > Script errors could not be resolved merely by watching one line,
            >
            > most probably, you have not put an closing brace, plz recheck, if you have used any if
            > clause or.. so.....

            Also debugging on IE is known to be anti-productive, use Firefox with
            the Firebug extension, it isn't perfect, but will help you a lot.

            --
            Jonas Raoni Soares Silva
            http://jsfromhell.com