New to Ajax. Need help

  • twofangz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
      Hello All,
      I am working on a small project that requires rendering of data in
      multiple tabs (implemented using div tags). ajax calls are made to
      different urls for relevant data. There are 3 tabs (can be more later)
      for news / stock info / sport info. I have a for loop that loops
      through each of these calls and populates the div using innerHTML. the
      problem is that only the last tab/div gets populated although I can
      see the info flicker. I tested using an alert box call after each ajax
      call. It works fine. Now i have introduced a modal window popup (not
      the right solution) and the solution works fine in FFox. It does not
      work in IE. The alert box method works in IE. Can anyone tell me if I
      am doing something wrong or if I need to do something?
      Thanks in Advance.
      Bala
    • soren.j.winslow@cummins.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
        Not sure if this help your problem or not, but I found that I had to
        re-create the XMLHttp object and destroy it after each use on pages that
        use it multiple times.

        Soren

        "twofangz" <twofangz@...>
        Sent by: JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com
        09/13/2007 04:38 AM
        Please respond to
        JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com

        JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com
        cc

        Subject
        [JavaScript] New to Ajax. Need help

        Hello All,
        I am working on a small project that requires rendering of data in
        multiple tabs (implemented using div tags). ajax calls are made to
        different urls for relevant data. There are 3 tabs (can be more later)
        for news / stock info / sport info. I have a for loop that loops
        through each of these calls and populates the div using innerHTML. the
        problem is that only the last tab/div gets populated although I can
        see the info flicker. I tested using an alert box call after each ajax
        call. It works fine. Now i have introduced a modal window popup (not
        the right solution) and the solution works fine in FFox. It does not
        work in IE. The alert box method works in IE. Can anyone tell me if I
        am doing something wrong or if I need to do something?
        Thanks in Advance.
        Bala

        Visit http://aiaiai.com for more groups to join
        Yahoo! Groups Links