Parsing XML file in Mozilla

  • Mohiuddin azad
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      Dear All,
      I have to parse xml file retrieved from remote server. Parsing works in IE
      but doesn't work in Mozilla.
      Can anybody help me?
      --
      Mohiuddin

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
        You can not do it locally with mozilla if that's what your trying to do. Upload your script(s) to a server to see your results.

        Mohiuddin azad <mohiuddin.azad@...> wrote:
        Dear All,
        I have to parse xml file retrieved from remote server. Parsing works in IE
        but doesn't work in Mozilla.
        Can anybody help me?
        --
        Mohiuddin

        Visit http://aiaiai.com for more groups to join
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carl W. Buechner

      • Mohiuddin azad
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
          Here is my code:

          xmlDoc=document.implementation.createDocument("","",null);
          // this is request to remote mapserver
          var fileMapInfo = "
          http://localhost:8080/mapserver/im.cgi?REQUEST=GetMap& " + .... other
          parameter ;
          xmlDoc.async = false;
          xmlDoc.load(fileMapInfo);
          alert("Tag name of the root element is " + xmlDoc.documentElement.tagName);
          alert("The root element has this many children: " +
          xmlDoc.documentElement.childNodes.length);

          Can anybody tell me is it possible to request remote server ??

          On 7/2/07, Michael <ripple_27@...> wrote:

          > You can not do it locally with mozilla if that's what your trying to do.
          > Upload your script(s) to a server to see your results.
          >

          > Mohiuddin azad <mohiuddin.azad@... <mohiuddin.azad%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          > Dear All,
          > I have to parse xml file retrieved from remote server. Parsing works in IE
          > but doesn't work in Mozilla.
          > Can anybody help me?
          > --
          > Mohiuddin

          > "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made
          > them feel." - Carl W. Buechner

          mohiuddin