Re: [Off-Topic]What is the Substitute of the "LEGEND" Tag ?

  • emmanuel92130
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
      --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, "jiapei_jen" <jiapei_jen@...> wrote:

      > I have been using the HTML "LEGEND" tag to give my "FIELDSET> tag a
      > label. I personally like it a lot.
      >
      > Now, I found that the "LEGEND" tag is deprecated.
      >
      > What is the substitute for the "LEGEND" tag? How do we do it if we
      > want a legend?

      Either you make your custom divs pattern, or you may prefer to assume that it will be
      supported still long (doesn't IE7 still support it?). (I like it a lot, too.)
    • emmanuel92130
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
        --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, "jiapei_jen" <jiapei_jen@...> wrote:

        > I have been using the HTML "LEGEND" tag to give my "FIELDSET> tag a
        > label. I personally like it a lot.
        >
        > Now, I found that the "LEGEND" tag is deprecated.
        >
        > What is the substitute for the "LEGEND" tag? How do we do it if we
        > want a legend?

        The substitute is a set of divs with the ad hoc css. However if I were you and if you use them
        a lot, I would wait until the get really deprecated: doesn't IE7 still support them? and FF2,
        too?
      • Bekir Dogan
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
          Hi;

          On 2/8/07, jiapei_jen <jiapei_jen@...> wrote:
          > I have been using the HTML "LEGEND" tag to give my "FIELDSET> tag a
          > label. I personally like it a lot.
          >
          > Now, I found that the "LEGEND" tag is deprecated.

          Where did you found that the legend is deprecated?
          In w3c specs it still exists without a warning.

          http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#dtdentry_xhtml1-strict.dtd_legend
          http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#edef-LEGEND

          > What is the substitute for the "LEGEND" tag? How do we do it if we
          > want a legend
        • kumaran paranthaman
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2007
            Hello friend,

            <Legend> tag to give title of the table

            for example
            User name<input type="text">
            Password<input type="text">
            </fieldset>
            The above example to got legend output use it

            Thanks & Regards,

            P.Kumaran.

            I have been using the HTML "LEGEND" tag to give my "FIELDSET> tag a
            label. I personally like it a lot.

            Now, I found that the "LEGEND" tag is deprecated.

            What is the substitute for the "LEGEND" tag? How do we do it if we
            want a legend?

            Thanks.

          • Caroline Jen
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2007
              Thanks for your code and explanation of the LEGEND
              tag.

              But, my question is "what to do"? Because I saw that
              the "align" attribute of the LEGEND tag has been
              deprecated. Though I can still use the "align"
              attribute temporarily in IE, I am looking for an
              alternative way of giving a descriptive title for a
              FIELDSET anywhere I would like the "title" to be.

              Thanks.

              --- kumaran paranthaman <kumarantesing@...>
              wrote:

              > Hello friend,
              >
              > <Legend> tag to give title of the table
              >
              > for example
              > User name<input type="text">
              > Password<input type="text">
              > </fieldset>
              > The above example to got legend output use it
              >
              > Thanks & Regards,
              >
              > P.Kumaran.

              Get your own web address.