data from combo boxes not being passed to server

  • dendyke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      I am very, very new to Javascript and have a form I need help with. I
      have created a vehicle quote form with three combo boxes. The user
      selects the first box, vehicle make. Based on that selection, the
      second box displays the valid models for that make (used the array
      function); the user chooses a particular model. The third combo box is
      where the user selects the model year. After filling in more
      information in text fields, the user clicks the submit button, which
      sends the data to a remote server for processing. The form looks good
      and used to work until I inserted some javascript code to prevent the
      server from sending back a page that shows where invalid data has been
      submitted (this is just a test server so I knew I'd get errors). I want
      the user to get a "Thank you for submitting your request" message
      instead of the error message. A person who was helping me gave me some
      iframe code that does let send the thank you page I created but the
      data doesn't make it to the server.

      He had suggested creating server-side code that would push the thank
      you page back to the client (and prevent the user from seeing the error
      page) but I have no idea how to do it. Any help would be greatly
      appreciated!
    • Shobuz99
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        First, if you need help with your code, you should post it here so smeone
        can take a look at it. No one will really be able to help you unless you put
        the code here to see. There are many great javascript writers on this forum.
        That said...
        I doubt that the _javascript code is your problem; however,
        I've been wrong previously.
        My suggestion would be to use php (server side) and then
        work with the code to do what you want. If you don't know php,
        try this website: http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/secure-php-form-mailer-script

        Read up on it and then put the code on your server, after you've customized it.
        I use it,and it works well for me.
        The javascript code is probably not the issue, and I would use it for whatever other reason you have it there; and not to do your forms, thank you and server stuff.

        Shobuz99

        dendyke <endyke@...> wrote: I am very, very new to Javascript and have a form I need help with. I