"If IsNull" equivalent

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2006
      I know very little about JavaScript. Mostly I do not need to understand.

      I have a script generator that produces ASP pages and i need to make
      minor editing changes.

      I have learned recently to use:

      rs("LastUpdate") = Now()

      to record the last update date for the record.

      Now I have a field where I need to insert today's date IF the field is blank.

      "If IsNull" in VBA. What is the equivalent in JavaScript.

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple