Re: [JavaScript] protecting my web site

  • Jonas Raoni
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
      On 7/5/06, maartenvanthiel <m.v.thiel@...> wrote:
      > I think disabling right click is a bad thing. There are more things in
      > the right click menu.

      The browser should not be controled by the programmer, that's a
      "desktop programming" mind which doesn't work well on the web
      environment. Despite that, everything that is on the web is acessible,
      I don't even need a browser to grab the contents I want.

      --
      Jonas Raoni Soares Silva
      http://www.jsfromhell.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
        On 7/5/06, Jonas Raoni <jonasraoni@...> wrote:

        > On 7/5/06, maartenvanthiel <m.v.thiel@... <m.v.thiel%40planet.nl>>
        > wrote:
        > > I think disabling right click is a bad thing. There are more things in
        > > the right click menu.
        >
        > The browser should not be controled by the programmer, that's a
        > "desktop programming" mind which doesn't work well on the web
        > environment. Despite that, everything that is on the web is acessible,

        I don't even need a browser to grab the contents I want.

        yeah, like, we dont wanna leave out the (small, very small) percentage of
        users that enter our website, using telnet-to-port-80 (or lynx, links,
        elinks, whatever)

        --

        --
        //f3l
        there seems to be quite a debate, on wether linux is a toaster, or a unix