Re: [JavaScript] Syntax and commands help?

  • Ken Auenson, II
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2006
      hmm... seems like someone is looking for some help on a wierd homework
      assignment...

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        Hmmm. That wasn't what you said. :-(

        But does it matter?

        Are you being instructed to do these low-level things? Or are you trying to set up software for an imaginary AVON business? If it's the latter, you certainly don't need answers to these questions.

        If it's the former, then it's your homework and I'll leave it to you.

        Of particular concern to me is your asking about the command prompt window. Why do you want to use it? If you have no experience, you should not be thinking about any of this low-level stuff.

        Look at the capabilities offered by Windows applications. They insulate you from things like printer ports, TCP ports, drivers, etc.

        Make sure you have the latest version of the operating system plus up-to-date office products. I doubt that you'll need to move outside these products.

[...]

        The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2006
          You're right, this is not the correct list for your questions. You need
          to ask these questions on a Windows group. I'm not familiar with "just
          wich one"; just go to http"//groups.yahoo.com and search for a group
          that deals with Windows XP issues.

          Here's what I can help you with:
          Help on ipconfig:
          ipconfig /?
          /? will give you help on most Microsoft commands. / introduces a switch,
          and ? seems to be reserved for help.

          Changing colors, etc., on the Command Prompt window:
          Click on the C:\ icon (upper left), go to properties. You will see
          various tabs, Colors being one of them. Click it and do your stuff.
          There are preview windows. Click on OK when done.

          --Tim Sabin

          > I need help with the following questions and am not sure if this
          > would be the correct place to ask them or if I should go to another
          > group? I am a "newbie" to the computer world and am trying to do
          > some projects on my own. One is for my AVON business I'm trying to
          > keep track of and organize. I use Windows XP if that helps.
          >
          > What is the correct syntax for requesting driver information for the
          > current computer, in list format, including the digital signatures
          > for all installed drivers?
          >
          > What is the command used to display a list of applications and
          > services currently running on the local computer?
          >
          > What is the command to send the file Report.txt in the current
          > directory to a printer connected to LPT2 on the local computer?
          >
          > Write the command to copy a file from the cursor subfolder within
          > the Windows folder to a folder, (ie: My Avon Contacts), on the hard
          > drive.
          >
          > Write the command to display a directory listing sorted by file size
          > and pausing for each screen of information.
          >
          > Write the command to display specific help on the ipconfig command.
          >
          > Write the command to display active TCP connections.
          >
          > If you want to change the console colors so that the Command Prompt
          > window uses a light aqua background and a blue foreground, what
          > command would you enter at the command prompt?
          >
          > If you wanted to return to the default console colors without
          > specifying hex digits for the color attribute, what command would
          > you enter?
          >
          > What command would you enter to customize the Command Prompt window
          > using console colors of your own preference.
          >
          > Would that be my foreground and background colors now?
          >
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated and you can send answers to
          > marti 414 at yahoo.com, (no spaces in address). Thanks sooo much and
          > if this is not the correct place to ask these questions, please
          > direct me to the correct group for help.
          > Have a great weekend!
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • f3l
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2006
            On 4/29/06, marti414 <marti414@...> wrote:

            > I need help with the following questions and am not sure if this
            > would be the correct place to ask them or if I should go to another
            > group? I am a "newbie" to the computer world and am trying to do
            > some projects on my own. One is for my AVON business I'm trying to
            > keep track of and organize. I use Windows XP if that helps.

            i have a question for you,
            why do you think this group can/will help you, if you are not in any way
            related or into JS development?

            thats like calling a suicide-help line, to ask if you cook X using Y.

            What is the correct syntax for requesting driver information for the
            > current computer, in list format, including the digital signatures
            > for all installed drivers?

            sound to me like you are looking for a BATCH command reference, google is
            your friend.

            What is the command used to display a list of applications and
            > services currently running on the local computer?

            applications: ctrl+alt+del
            services: services.msc

            What is the command to send the file Report.txt in the current
            > directory to a printer connected to LPT2 on the local computer?

            print

            Write the command to copy a file from the cursor subfolder within
            > the Windows folder to a folder, (ie: My Avon Contacts), on the hard
            > drive.

            copy

            Write the command to display a directory listing sorted by file size
            > and pausing for each screen of information.

            dir /p /o:s (not that sure)
            try dir /?

            Write the command to display specific help on the ipconfig command.

            ipconfig /?

            Write the command to display active TCP connections.

            not a fucking clue (altough it seems interesting...)

            If you want to change the console colors so that the Command Prompt
            > window uses a light aqua background and a blue foreground, what
            > command would you enter at the command prompt?

            color

            If you wanted to return to the default console colors without
            > specifying hex digits for the color attribute, what command would
            > you enter?

            cls ?

            What command would you enter to customize the Command Prompt window

            not a clue

            using console colors of your own preference.

            whats the sue anyway?
            " i need my CMD in cornflowerblue color, and pink background, otherwise it
            seems so harsh, and not user-friendly" BAH!

            Would that be my foreground and background colors now?

            > Any help would be greatly appreciated and you can send answers to
            > marti 414 at yahoo.com, (no spaces in address).

            yeah, lets keep all the knowledge between ourselves, and not share it with
            the rest of the goup.

            --
            //f3l
            http://www.geocities.com/kyoosho/