Re: Print page in Landscape mode

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
      > Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:01:36 -0000
      > From: "arrrteee" <artee@...>

      (NetZero's still around? Wow - I thought they went out of business years
      ago.)

      > Subject: Print page in Landscape mode
      >
      > While printing a webpage, it is defaulted to Portrait mode. So the
      > users have to change the Page Setup to Landscape at the time of
      > printing?
      >
      > Is it possible to change the page setting so that it prints in
      > Landscape mode using Javascript?

      Not really. If you're on an intranet where everybody uses MSIE, there
      might be some ActiveX thing, but not otherwise.

      --
      This message has not been scanned for viruses.

      Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
      system or software, and use only plaintext
      for email, there is little need for me to do so.
    • Fernando (UK)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
        Considering the user has the appropriate plugin installed, what is the
        best way to play a sound using javascript?

        This is not working for me in FF or IE:

        Javascript:
        document.getElementById('EMAIL_WARNING_SOUND').src =
        'sound/new_message_english.wav';

        HTML:
        <iframe id="EMAIL_WARNING_SOUND" name="EMAIL_WARNING_SOUND" src=""
        style="visibility:hidden; display:none"></iframe>
      • f3l
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
          On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 06:43:26 -0500, Fernando (UK)
          <fernandosouzaphp@...> wrote:

          > Considering the user has the appropriate plugin installed, what is the
          > best way to play a sound using javascript?
          >
          > This is not working for me in FF or IE:

          and it shouldn't, u must use bgsound
          I'm not sure about that being standard, so I wouldnt recommend it.
          people are anoyed by the sounds in webpages, so I'd recommend something
          different.

          1. use flash
          2. do NOT use wav, try compressing it in mp3 or something,
          WAVs are way too heavy, and people are more likely not to wait for it.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
            Actually the sound is not to annoy anyone, the user can choose if he
            wants to hear the sound when the message comes or not.
            And, yes, I am using .mp3

            I got to solve my problem using <embed>, which is cross-browser, like
            following:

            HTML:

            JavaScript:

            function DHTMLSound(surl) {
            document.getElementById("SOUND_SPAN").innerHTML="<embed src='"+surl+"'
            hidden='true' autostart='true' loop='false'>";
            }

            // Sound of new message
            var sound_file = 'sound/new_message_sound.mp3';
            DHTMLSound(sound_file); // To play