Re: SQL script file creation from Javascript

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
      > Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:56:26 -0000
      > From: "Moorthy Manickam" <vmoorthy3@...>
      > Subject: SQL script file creation from Javascript
      >
      > Hello All,
      >
      > I am developing a HTML page to extarct and insert DB2 records. I am
      > using Javascript to drive the process. I have SQL script templates
      > built already. I just get the database name, table name, qualifier,
      > search criteria, etc from the form. I invoke the SQL template script
      > and replace all the values in the script and write an executable SQL
      > script file. Also, I am wrting a batch script to execute the SQL
      > script. when I do this way, the script fails with "DB21007E End of
      > file reached while reading the command.". I know it is a DB2 error.
      > But, when I cut paste the SQL commands created from the javascript to
      > DB2 command center, it runs fine. I am thinking, when Javascript writes
      > the file, it puts some characters like carriage return (or something
      > like that) which causes the failure(I think). Any help would be greatly
      > appreciated.

      Did you try running a regexp to remove any characters that you might not want to
      allow?

      Have you ruled out possible character escape/unescape issues?

      --
      This message has not been scanned for viruses.

      Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
      system or software, and use only plaintext
      for email, there is little need for me to do so.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
        Deepak,

        I've brought this up with you before, nicely. I'm assuming that you're not
        actually stupid, but just a bit hard of hearing, so let me say it a little louder:

        1. PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD BY RESPONDING TO AN EXISTING ONE - SEND A
        *NEW* MESSAGE THAT IS *NOT* A REPLY TO A PREVIOUS MESSAGE ON AN UNRELATED TOPIC.
        This is known as "hijacking the thread" and it's not a nice or helpful thing
        to do.

        2. IT IS ANNOYING. (See 3).

        3. IT BREAKS THE LIST FOR PEOPLE USING THREADED MAIL CLIENTS.

        4. IT IS CONFUSING EVEN FOR THOSE WHO DON'T USE THREADED EMAIL READERS.

        5. IT IS VERY RUDE. (See 2, 3, 4, 6).

        6. IT MAKES YOU LOOK CARELESS AND LAZY.

        7. NO-ONE ELSE ON THIS LIST DOES THIS. (This should provide a major clue.)

        8. Finally, it decreases your chances of getting a useful answer to your
        question, because people who aren't interested in the thread you've posted to
        who might otherwise be interested in your message will never see it. If you're
        having problems with your car's transmission, you probably don't want to post a
        question about it to a thread that discusses baking cakes.

        If you really don't understand why This Is A Bad Thing, let me know exactly what
        it is about it that you fail to understand, and I'll try to explain it better.

        --
        This message has not been scanned for viruses.

        Since I do not use a Microsoft operating
        system or software, and use only plaintext
        for email, there is little need for me to do so.
      • Jonas Raoni
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
          On 3/3/06, Jon Stephens <jon@...> wrote:
          > I've brought this up with you before, nicely. I'm assuming that you're not
          > actually stupid, but just a bit hard of hearing, so let me say it a little louder:

          \o/

          Everybody says that speaking out loud doesn't work, did it work this time? =O

          I'll help by ignoring the msgs :)

          --
          Jonas Raoni Soares Silva
          http://www.jsfromhell.com