CSS border question

  • mballai
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
      I've got a rather nice border that I use with hyperlinks with a: hover.
      Practically just drop it into the style header and everything is great.
      However I've got one page that has three links that use a soft return.
      I wanted the solid border to go around the whole link, but on these
      there's a line in the middle. I'd like to write something to make the
      border show a normal surround look but I'm not sure if that's
      possible. The border would be 0px for the bottom of the first line
      before <br> and 0px of the second line's top border. Is that dooable?
    • Michael Ballai
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
        I think I have a pretty close solution. Using display:block with a width parameter in hover seems to work fairly close to what I want. Slightly upward elastic look as it hovers in IE.

        I've got a rather nice border that I use with hyperlinks with a: hover.
        Practically just drop it into the style header and everything is great.
        However I've got one page that has three links that use a soft return.
        I wanted the solid border to go around the whole link, but on these
        there's a line in the middle. I'd like to write something to make the
        border show a normal surround look but I'm not sure if that's
        possible. The border would be 0px for the bottom of the first line
        before <br> and 0px of the second line's top border. Is that dooable?

        The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "JavaScript_Official" on the web.

      • jsmaster94
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
          Can you please post the source for this?

          --- In JavaScript_Official@yahoogroups.com, "mballai" <mballai@y...>