how to blink?

  • kishorevaranasi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 10:57 PM
      how to blink a text in javascript or HTML in IE(internet explorer)?
    • Ken Auenson, II
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        hope these will help!
        http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/_BLINK.html
        http://www.domedia.org/oveklykken/css-blinking-text.php
        In general, please don't use blink.

        my $0.02.
        On 8/1/05, kishorevaranasi <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > how to blink a text in javascript or HTML in IE(internet explorer)?

        Ken Auenson, II
        ColdFusion Web Developer & SQL DBA

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
          You can blink text in HTML using the <BLINK> tag. It's a W3C standard.
          Just one word of advice: DON'T DO IT!!!!! <BLINK> has been called the
          worst invention to hit the Internet - ever. It causes text to blink very
          annoyingly. I would not do anty serious programming with it.

          --Tim Sabin

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
            Hi!

            > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:59:49 -0600
            > From: "Tim Sabin" <tim@...>
            > Subject: Re: how to blink?
            >
            > You can blink text in HTML using the <BLINK> tag. It's a W3C standard.

            Wrong. The blink was invented by Netscape, and later adopted by Microsoft and
            others. It's not part of the HTML 4.01 spec - see the listing at
            http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/index/elements.html

            Oddly enough, there *is* a "text-decoration:blink" in CSS-2.1. Not sure if all
            browsers support it or not. The CSS spec also cautions that blinking text breaks
            accessibility guidelines and suggests that user agents may either toggle the
            effect - or simply not support the blinking effect at all - in order to comply
            with these. See
            http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/guidelines.html#tech-on-off-blinking-text for details.

            > Just one word of advice: DON'T DO IT!!!!! <BLINK> has been called the
            > worst invention to hit the Internet - ever.

            It has, and for good reason.

            > It causes text to blink very
            > annoyingly.

            Agreed.

            > I would not do any serious programming with it.

            Nor would I!