13294Re: [JavaScript] Playing a sound

  • f3l
    Apr 1, 2006
      On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 06:43:26 -0500, Fernando (UK)
      <fernandosouzaphp@...> wrote:

      > Considering the user has the appropriate plugin installed, what is the
      > best way to play a sound using javascript?
      >
      > This is not working for me in FF or IE:

      and it shouldn't, u must use bgsound
      I'm not sure about that being standard, so I wouldnt recommend it.
      people are anoyed by the sounds in webpages, so I'd recommend something
      different.

      1. use flash
      2. do NOT use wav, try compressing it in mp3 or something,
      WAVs are way too heavy, and people are more likely not to wait for it.