Re: [JatHistory] Re: Harrapan Ancestry Project Maps

  • Simranjit Singh Sandhu
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2011
      Hi guys,

      We're almost at the century mark for paticipants.
      Recently Zack from Harappa Ancestry Project released the results of 1-90 Ref3 K=11 Data.
      K=11 means running ADMIXTURE assuming 11 ancestral populations exists.

      From the ref3 population samples  and the participants place of origin. I have generated a Chloropleth
      for AVG C1/C2 for india. (i.e Punjabi tharkans , jatts , brahmins are all averaged under Punjab and so on)

      What happens that all population samples that fall within a particular state are averaged and a color ramp is applied at 5% interval. The components i've decided to map are the C1(overlappping reich et al's ANI) and C2( positively correlated with reich et al's ASI) .

      Please take a look , data spreadsheets are provided as well that include the min/max and st deviation for each component per state.

      http://blog.jattdna.org/?p=469

      Regards,
      Simran

      On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Simranjit Singh Sandhu <simranjits@...> wrote:

      Hi guys ,

      I will dumping my maps , based on the results of the harappa ancestry project on a blog i created.

      http://blog.jattdna.org

      New maps have been created based on recently released results for participants 60-70.
      We have now close to 80 participants in the project. From these abt 7 punjabis( 3 jatts)

      Regards,
      Simran

      On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Simranjit Singh Sandhu <simranjits@...> wrote:
      Sure,

      The data for this map is from  http://www.harappadna.org/.
      I'm using the reference sample data as well as the project participants.

      The following lists the participants ancestry ( of course admixed individuals were removed for my map)
      https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuW3R0Ys-P4HdGE4eDh6emt1dUs2U2pXTkVjS0lsV1E&hl=en

      Their admixture results ( up to participants 50 at the moment)
      https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuW3R0Ys-P4HdDZmNG1laGpDTEhiaFN0dG00NXlFVkE&hl=en

      The reference data admixture results
      https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuW3R0Ys-P4HdG9BLU90QlBSdmhyYTBCcnNNSjFZU0E&hl=en

      I am using the K=12 ( basically meaning 12 ancestral components) sheet.

      As to how the admixture results are generated, please read the following

      http://www.harappadna.org/about/

      I will leave it to you guys to comment and provide any commentary, i do find that so far our admixture is closest to the pathans and sindhis. It is interesting to note it does seem plausible that the theory that we descended from Caucasus tribes( eg. alans , medes, Scythian) ,it seems the jatts are essentially (adygei/lezgin) who have absorbed some south asian , yet maintained most of components such as the euro and (baluchistan/caucaucus) . In fact we have more euro than the iranians.

      In case you're wondering why it is called the Baluchistan/Caucasus component , it is so because it peaks in the balochi/brahui/makrani and also the adygei/lezgin, there is a slight dip in iran proper.

      I will be creating  more maps and updating this one once we have more data, we are lacking some key areas ( nepal , tibet) and of course more of central india.

      Regards,
      Simran

      On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM, ravichaudhary2000 <ravichaudhary2000@...> wrote:

      Simranjit

      Quite an effort on your part. Well done.

      Could you please provide an analysis and commentary.

      Ravi Chaudhary

      For the lay person, could you provide a comment