Col Prem Singh Grewal

  • Simranjit Singh Sandhu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hi all,

      Would like your help with this individual who i recently got as a 12 marker Y-Dna match to my line.
      I'm actually a Sandhu, and so far i have 2 exact 12marker Y-dna matches with a Virk , and now a Grewal.
      The TMRCA( the time to most recent ancestor) is most likely within 24 generations. So it has to be within 300-500 yrs at the very most. This is perplexing to me ,  how could we all have a common ancestor no less than 500 yrs ago( 500 is the absolute worst case estimate btw) and yet come up belonging to 3 different clan names( Sandhu , Grewal, Virk). Both this individuals only tested 12 markers , 1 have done 37 . So we are unable to determine how much more closer we are. We could have a common ancestor less than 200 yrs ago in fact.

      Anyone know him btw?

      Regards,
      Simran
    • parmjit Singh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
        dear simran,
                          Hi, how have you come to know all about this please let me know so that I too want to know about my ancestor and clan

        yours ever loving
        parmjit singh