Re: Jain Version Of Parshuram’s Story

  • arun_shamli
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2009
      After becoming a Buddhist the only thing Ashok did was to spread the Buddhism and built thousands of stoops and vihars. He used his position (which he had acquired before becoming a Buddhist) to spread the religion. In that sense his work is more or less similar to the the missionaries of today.

      --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Mahavir" <msanglikar@...> wrote:

      > Dear Vivekji,
      >
      > India was defeated not because of ahimsa, Jainism or Buddhism but the sole reason of the defeat is decline of Jainism and Buddhism and revival of the Vedic religion. Vedics divided people in four varnas and thousands of castes. According to Vedic religion, only Kshatriyas had to fight with enemy.
      >
      > Emperor like Shrenik Bimbisar, Chandragupta Mourya, Ashok the great, Kharvel, Harshvardhan, Pulkeshi, Chalukya Kumarpal were followers of Jainism or Buddhism. If you read the history of Karnataka, you will find that Karnataka was ruled by Jain dynasties for more than 1500 years.
      >
      > Rani Abbakka, a Jain queen of Tulunadu (Karnataka) defeated Portuguese invaders again and again. She had her own navy and artillery. Please have a look at:
      > http://jainology.blogspot.com/2009/06/abbakka-rani-unsung-warrior-queen.html
      >
      > The Great Shivaji was not a Vedic king. He established his own kingdom which was later detained by Vedic Peshwas. The Peshawa rule is called a black period in Maharashtra.
      >
      > Remember that in the battle of Bhima-Koregaon, just 800 soldiers of British Government defeated 30000 soldiers of Peshawas. Why so? Is Jainism or Buddhism responsible for it?
      >
      > -Mahavir Sanglikar
      >

      > --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "drvivekarya" <drvivekarya@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --
      > > mahavir ji
      > >

      > > the basic duty of is leadership and protection of country from invaders .
      > >
      > > which means self protection with help of arms and engagement in wars.
      > >
      > > jain philosophy is on other extreme from basic duty of kshatriya.
      > >
      > > indeed both buddhism and jainsim are responsible for 1000 years of foreigns rule.
      > >
      > > the message of non vilence of buddhism and jainism caused loss of kshatriya dharma .
      > >
      > > the warriors thought of violence in killing a animal who had become man eater and as against dharma.
      > >
      > > even there are reports that a rich man was fined and asked to built a temple in memory of lice which was killed by him accidently under jain rule.
      > >
      > > you better review history.
      > > dr vivek
      > >

      > > - In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Mahavir" <msanglikar@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear Shri Vivekji,
      > > >
      > > > Forget about Jain and vedic literature, Please read the basic books on religious history of India. You will find that the Vedic religion is religion of Brahmins and Jainism is the religion of Kshatriyas.
      > > >
      > > > Remember that Swami Dayanand Sarswati was a Brahmin.
      > > >
      > > > -Mahavir

    • s.s. rana
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2009
        Dear friends,
        I am still waitung for comments from some quarters on the issues raised by me in the last two paras of my comments on the Jain version of   Parshurama's story.

        After becoming a Buddhist the only thing Ashok did was to spread the Buddhism and built thousands of stoops and vihars. He used his position (which he had acquired before becoming a Buddhist) to spread the religion. In that sense his work is more or less similar to the the missionaries of today.

        --- In JatHistory@yahoogro ups.com, "Mahavir" <msanglikar@ ...> wrote:

        > Dear Vivekji,
        >
        > India was defeated not because of ahimsa, Jainism or Buddhism but the sole reason of the defeat is decline of Jainism and Buddhism and revival of the Vedic religion. Vedics divided people in four varnas and thousands of castes. According to Vedic religion, only Kshatriyas had to fight with enemy.
        >
        > Emperor like Shrenik Bimbisar, Chandragupta Mourya, Ashok the great, Kharvel, Harshvardhan, Pulkeshi, Chalukya Kumarpal were followers of Jainism or Buddhism. If you read the history of Karnataka, you will find that Karnataka was ruled by Jain dynasties for more than 1500 years.
        >
        > Rani Abbakka, a Jain queen of Tulunadu (Karnataka) defeated Portuguese invaders again and again. She had her own navy and artillery. Please have a look at:
        > http://jainology. blogspot. com/2009/ 06/abbakka- rani-unsung- warrior-queen. html
        >
        > The Great Shivaji was not a Vedic king. He established his own kingdom which was later detained by Vedic Peshwas. The Peshawa rule is called a black period in Maharashtra.
        >
        > Remember that in the battle of Bhima-Koregaon, just 800 soldiers of British Government defeated 30000 soldiers of Peshawas. Why so? Is Jainism or Buddhism responsible for it?
        >
        > -Mahavir Sanglikar
        >

        > --- In JatHistory@yahoogro ups.com, "drvivekarya" <drvivekarya@ > wrote:
        > >
        > > --
        > > mahavir ji
        > >

        > > the basic duty of is leadership and protection of country from invaders .
        > >
        > > which means self protection with help of arms and engagement in wars.
        > >
        > > jain philosophy is on other extreme from basic duty of kshatriya.
        > >
        > > indeed both buddhism and jainsim are responsible for 1000 years of foreigns rule.
        > >
        > > the message of non vilence of buddhism and jainism caused loss of kshatriya dharma .
        > >
        > > the warriors thought of violence in killing a animal who had become man eater and as against dharma.
        > >
        > > even there are reports that a rich man was fined and asked to built a temple in memory of lice which was killed by him accidently under jain rule.
        > >
        > > you better review history.
        > > dr vivek
        > >

        > > - In JatHistory@yahoogro ups.com, "Mahavir" <msanglikar@ > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Dear Shri Vivekji,
        > > >
        > > > Forget about Jain and vedic literature, Please read the basic books on religious history of India. You will find that the Vedic religion is religion of Brahmins and Jainism is the religion of Kshatriyas.
        > > >
        > > > Remember that Swami Dayanand Sarswati was a Brahmin.
        > > >
        > > > -Mahavir

        See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
      • arun_shamli
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 2, 2009
          Mahaveer ji, Do Jain believe in Ramayan and Mahabharat? If so can you please post to link to the Jain version of these epics.

        • narender kharb
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 2, 2009
            Jain Jats...

            Yesterday I came to know that  Baroda near Jind is a village of Jain Jats of Chahal gotra and a Muni from this Chahal gotri Jats holds a hight position in Jain religion.