A confusion with Khap and Gotra

  • Bhupendra Balyan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
      Dear Friends,

            I have a confusion with Khap and Gotra. Like by khap I am Balyan and our Gotra is Raghuvansi. Normally we know that our gotra is Raghuvansi  and by khap we are Balyan. I know Raghuvansi gotra is also using in other cast too. That's why I always got confused why they have same gotra even they belongs to other cast.

      If I am wrong please correct me , My view is on that when system was created on that time first Gotra came in picture and after that khap came. If Gotra came first then why they made khap. What was the reason behind that. Please put your views on that.

      If we think on Gotra and khap I think through that we can get a correct picture of our system.

      Does any one have any information or history related to Balyan khap?

      Thanks & Regards
      Bhupendra

    • Laxman Burdak
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2008
        Hi Bhpendra ji,

        Please read two articles on Jatland Wiki. You will get some understanding:

        http://www.jatland.com/home/Khap
        http://www.jatland.com/home/Gotra

        Regards,

        Laxman Burdak