Re: Jats in War Game -- Interesting Article and a little casteist about Jats

  • Ravi Chaudhary
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 3:10 PM
      --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, virk harmeet <harmeet_virk2003@...>
      wrote:

      > is any body send me the detail of sandalbar da itihas ate virk

      Which book is this?

      Harmeet

      Could you add some details about the book

      I have not come across it before

      Ravi
    • virk harmeet
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2 9:32 AM
        in this book they provide information on virk jatts and about their living styles.sanadalbar is name of place in pakistan...

        > is any body send me the detail of sandalbar da itihas ate virk

        Which book is this?

        Harmeet

        Could you add some details about the book

        I have not come across it before

        Ravi

      • kharbnarender
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2 10:27 AM
          --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Ajay Singh" <asingh71@...> wrote:

          [ more prefer the very same weapon on foot as on horseback – the
          nachakh heavy axe.]

          Interesting....
        • kharbnarender
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2 11:11 AM
            The area between Multan and Makran has always been Jat ruled area
            before Advent of Arabs .

            Even after Arabs it was again recaptured partially .Later beloch
            invasions changed equations .

            Now Muslim historians of Balochistan start Jat history as Jats are
            descendants of Harun al Makrani but don't know that Harun himself
            was descendants of Jats whose forefathers called themselves Jats
            many generations before any Harun was born there.

            --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Ajay Singh" <asingh71@...> wrote:

            > http://totalwar.honga.net/unit.php?
            v=bc&f=slave&d=levy_in_axemen_mercs&encode=en

            > A symbol of sacrifice, bravery, and industry", thus spoke the God
            Shiva of
            > the Hindu faith of the Jat peoples in the Sanskrit Hymns known as
            the Deva
            > Samita. Believed by most to be descendants of the original Indo-
            Aryan
            > invaders mixed with the later Sakae and Kushans, the Jats have
            been amongst
            > the oldest of the natives to Sindh. Though their ancestrial
            origin may lie
            > in the lands of the Oxus, the colorful story of the Jat people is
            one well
            > woven into the sands of the Indus, having established themselves
            from the
            > mouth of that mighty river to Purushapura in the northwest since
            ancient
            > times. From this nurturing womb have they spread into Northern and
            Central
            > India, the fall of their Kushan ancestors allowing countless Jat
            kingdoms to
            > rise from their ashes. Though strongest in the realm between
            Multan and
            > Makran, amongst the darkness engulfing the subcontinent after the
            Kushan
            > empire fractured and the Gupta's centuries later the Jat Kingdoms
            dotted the
            > land as numerously as the stars above, reaching from the lower
            Sindh to
            > Rajasthan and beyond. Yet theirs was not a legacy found only in
            the lands
            > around the Indus, for as Persian and Arab clashed following the
            death of
            > Muhammad, Jats were found in the ranks of the Sassanids, becoming
            amongst
            > the first of the people of India to take to the new faith of Islam
            upon
            > capture by the Arabs. The Near East over had respect for the
            industrious
            > nature and sturdy constitution of these Jats, the conquering
            Rashidun
            > Caliphate deporting many of Sindh to lands as far afield as Iraq
            and Antioch
            > to populate lands diminished by the vicious Romano-Persian wars.
            While the
            > Jats may make a name for themselves as makers and wielders of the
            sword, far
            > more prefer the very same weapon on foot as on horseback – the
            nachakh heavy
            > axe. Without armor, it is courage and the virtues of the Kshatriya
            > warrior-caste that these men rely upon. Despite their shortcomings
            in armor,
            > they are a proud people and are willing to take as much to the
            frontline
            > fight against better-armored foes as to sweep around the flank and
            descend
            > like stalking panther upon those like wolves of the Hindu Kush.

          • Ravi Chaudhary
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2 12:50 PM
              wrote:

              > in this book they provide information on virk jatts and about their
              living styles.sanadalbar is name of place in pakistan...

              harmeet

              Which book are you referrng to .

              We know sundalbar is in Pakistan, and was an area occupied by Virk Jats.

              My question is are you referring to a specific book, or are you
              referring just to the history of Sandalbar

              Ravi