Re: [JatHistory] Re: Mauryas in present day

  • Vinod Sangwan
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
      How are Mors related to parmars? Mors are as ancient as 500BC how did they got related to group of gurjara that came into picture much later? BTW does anyone know if Mors have to do anything with persian Amorites?

      -vinod

      On 8/31/07, ashok harsana <ashokharsana@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Guhila, the first from Guhilot dynasty was serving
      under one Mor Dynasty king of south east rajasthan
      region, later Guhila took over the throne from this
      ruler. The importent thing here is " The Mors were
      called from the parmar stock of gurjaras, same as
      Chapotkats were an offshhot of parmars.

      Regards

      Ashok Harsana

      http://www.jatland.com/home/Glossary_of_Rajasthani_Language#M

      http://content.msn.co.in/Education/EducationIANS_040807_1201.htm
      > > ============
      > > Abhai Maurya comes from Kaithal. Perhaps somebody
      > could
      > > find out more about Mauryas from Kaithal and
      > share.
      > >
      > > -Naveen
      > >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! -
      > their life, your story.
      > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • ashok harsana
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
        Hi Vinod Brother,

        Parmas or panwar is a gurjar group but we find it
        among rajputs (for the obvious reason as Rajputs were
        made of gurjars) but we find it among jats as well..

        Mors or mori kings of southern rajasthan were surely
        related to parmars...WE have to believe that mauryas
        had nothing to do with the moris or mor kings of
        rajasthan.

        Rana ali hassan chauhan has written in his book "short
        history of gujjars" that Khatanas of Punjab and
        rajasthan area still call themselves as 'Mor khatana'
        and not only khatana.

        The first parmar king was believed to be ruling in 8th
        century BC...

        We also find Gujjars as a ruling dynasty at the times
        of asoka the great, i also provided a link to that map
        in my earlier posts.

        We also find a mention of gurjardesa in panchtantra
        where it was described as an area where camels are
        found in large numbers.

        Regards

        === message truncated ===

      • kharbnarender
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
          What was the name of that Dynasty ?

          And What is the source for this information ?

          --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, ashok harsana <ashokharsana@...>
          wrote:

          > We also find Gujjars as a ruling dynasty at the times
          > of asoka the great, i also provided a link to that map
          > in my earlier posts.
        • ashok harsana
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
            source:

            The Geographical Locations of The Rock Edicts of Asoka

            http://www.katinkahesselink.net/tibet/asoka-locations.htm

            http://books.google.co.in/books?id=92WAiD9JQnoC&pg=PA9&ots=vfiX-_ZhJE&dq=asoka+minor+rock+edicts&sig=IyVHK_82VCre4DE1g2W-B4-7XJ4#PPA9,M1

            regards

            --- kharbnarender <kharbnarender@...> wrote:

            > What was the name of that Dynasty ?
            >
            > And What is the source for this information ?
            >
            > --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, ashok harsana
            > <ashokharsana@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > > We also find Gujjars as a ruling dynasty at the
            > times
            > > of asoka the great, i also provided a link to that
            > map
            > > in my earlier posts.

          • kharbnarender
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
              From First link we understnad that there is an edict at Gujjara.

              Iam not able to open the second link any way what is written or shown
              in that .Is there some mention of Gujjar ruling dynasty in that ?

              wrote:

              > source:
              >
              > The Geographical Locations of The Rock Edicts of Asoka
              >

              > http://www.katinkahesselink.net/tibet/asoka-locations.htm
              >
              > http://books.google.co.in/books?id=92WAiD9JQnoC&pg=PA9&ots=vfiX-
              _ZhJE&dq=asoka+minor+rock+edicts&sig=IyVHK_82VCre4DE1g2W-B4-
              7XJ4#PPA9,M1

              > regards
              >
              > --- kharbnarender <kharbnarender@...> wrote:
              >

              > > What was the name of that Dynasty ?
              > >
              > > And What is the source for this information ?
              > >
              > > --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, ashok harsana
              > > <ashokharsana@>
              > > wrote:
              > >

              > > > We also find Gujjars as a ruling dynasty at the
              > > times
              > > > of asoka the great, i also provided a link to that
              > > map
              > > > in my earlier posts.

              ______________
              user panel and lay it on us.

            • sudhir kumar
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
                GUJARRA (Minor Rock Edict). Gujarra is located near Jhansi in the Datia district. It appears to have been on one of the more important routes from the Ganges valley to the west coast, possibly via Ujjain to Broach.

                yes, harsana. but I feel that they might have been bud-gujjars from Dee-ghot/gharrot?

                yaar tu is bainsla se mila de na.

                jo aatmeeyta, aa gujjar bakhann rhaya sse kitti koni mille

                --- kharbnarender <kharbnarender@ yahoo.co. in> wrote:

                > What was the name of that Dynasty ?
                >
                > And What is the source for this information ?
                >
                > --- In JatHistory@yahoogro ups.com, ashok harsana
                > <ashokharsana@ ...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > > We also find Gujjars as a ruling dynasty at the
                > times
                > > of asoka the great, i also provided a link to that
                > map
                > > in my earlier posts.

                Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7

                Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

              • kharbnarender
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                  Ashok Do you want to suggest that if a rock edict is found at a place
                  called Gujjara today a Gujjar dynasty might be ruling at the same
                  place in Ashoka times also?

                  Or something different ?

                  wrote:

                  > source:
                  >
                  > The Geographical Locations of The Rock Edicts of Asoka
                  >

                  > http://www.katinkahesselink.net/tibet/asoka-locations.htm
                  >
                  > http://books.google.co.in/books?id=92WAiD9JQnoC&pg=PA9&ots=vfiX-
                  _ZhJE&dq=asoka+minor+rock+edicts&sig=IyVHK_82VCre4DE1g2W-B4-
                  7XJ4#PPA9,M1

                  > regards
                  >
                  > --- kharbnarender <kharbnarender@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > What was the name of that Dynasty ?
                  > >
                  > > And What is the source for this information ?
                  > >
                  > > --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, ashok harsana
                  > > <ashokharsana@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > We also find Gujjars as a ruling dynasty at the
                  > > times
                  > > > of asoka the great, i also provided a link to that
                  > > map
                  > > > in my earlier posts.

                  ______________
                  user panel and lay it on us.

                • Naveen Rao
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                    wrote:

                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > Guhila, the first from Guhilot dynasty was serving
                    > under one Mor Dynasty king of south east rajasthan
                    > region, later Guhila took over the throne from this
                    > ruler. The importent thing here is " The Mors were
                    > called from the parmar stock of gurjaras, same as
                    > Chapotkats were an offshhot of parmars.
                    >
                    > Regards
                    >
                    > Ashok Harsana

                    Before imagination runs wild, I do not think that Parmars are said to
                    originate from Gurjars. This idea was popular more than half century
                    ago, again with Dr. Bhandarkar and others putting forward this view,
                    but is not seriously considered. A better idea which emerged later
                    was that Parmars may have origins in Rashtrakuts but that also has
                    its flaws.

                    It should also be noted that it was the might of Parmars that
                    defeated the Rashtrakuts and sacked their capital Manyakhet or
                    Malkhed towards the second half of 10th century AD.

                    I am also informed by a lecturer of sanskrit that the largest work
                    (granth) ever produced in Sanskrit came during Parmara rule. They
                    ruled an important part of medieval India for a good 300-400 years.

                    -Naveen