Re: [JatHistory] new Member

  • dharmpal dudee
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2005
      DEAR JAT HISTORY MEMBERS.
      JAT GOTRA DHUDI- DUDI - DUDHEE- DUDEE ARE THE SAME GOTRA
      IN HINDI DUDI - IN PANJABI DHUDI- DHUDEE- DUDHEE IS A SAME WORD AND SAME MEANING.
      JAT GOTRA DUDI- DUDEE-DUDHEE-DUDDY- DUNDEE- DUDIYA-DHUDI- DHUDHI ARE THE SAME NAME IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD.
      TODAY DUDI JATS ARE HINDU- SIKH- MUSLIM- BODH-& BISHNOI.
      THE LEGEND SAYS THE NAME CAME FROM MAHARISHI DUDA. OTHERS SAY THAT HOODA- AND DOODA JATS WERE TWO REAL BROTHER.

      HOODA GOTAR START FROM HOODA JAT AND DUDI JAT GOTAR FROM YOUNGER BROTHER DOODA OR DUDA. SUPPORTER OF THIS VIEW ARE SAYING THAT IN THE HEAD VILLAGE OF HOODA GOTRA- SANGHI ONE PANA STILL CALLED DUDA PANA.
      I ALSO HEARD THAT PATTAN VILLAGE IN RAJSTHAN HAS MANY DHUDHI PLANTS SO THE NAME HAS SOME RELATION. PATTAN AND DIDWANA ARE OLD TOWN FOUNDED BY DUDI JATS.

      PRESENT DIDWANA- DUDWANA TOWN IN RAJSATHAN WAS FOUNDED BY DUDI JAT AND WAS CAPITAL OF DUDI LAND.

      DHUDHAR TOWN & DUDIYA KHERA NEAR JAIPUR WAS ALSO FOUNDED BY DUDI JAT.
      AFTER THE JAT KINGDOM IN RAJSATHAN TAKEN OVER BY RAJPUT- SOME DUDI JATS WENT V. DOHKIYA NEAR JATUSANA-REWARI. DOHKIYA TO SUDHRANA - JHADLI- GOTHRA- MODI- GHASOLA- UP TO FATEHGARH- CHARKHI IN BHIWANI DIST IS DUDI HOME LAND.

      THERE ARE MANY DUDI VILLAGES NEAR DIDWANA- CHITOR- NAGOR- BEKANER- JASALMER- VADEMER- BHADRA- SURATPURA- CHHANI BADI- DHANA KI DHANI- DUDI KI DHANI- DUDIYO KA BAS IN RAJSATHAN.
      OTHER VILLAGES IN HISAR PANIWALA MOTA- DENGASERA- BHAGSAR IN ABOHAR. PEPLI NEAR LUHARU.

      Other villages where Dudi families are morwala- Rudiyawas-& Behrod near Mathenhale in Jhajjar dist.
      next village is Khachroli of Pawar/Panwar gotra
      3 Next villages are Sansanwal. Patuwas- Mahrana- Kheri Sansanwal.
      Next is Jhadli of Sansanwal and Dudi.
      Close To Dohkiya which is our Dudi old village.
      According to some people these Gotra were in Rajsathan around Sinsani- Bharatpur . They were in Maharaja Surajmal Army. After wars with muslims in Delhi they move to these jungle area toward Jahjjar- Rewari.
      The East of Yamuna was also over papulated so they move westward.

      Other people saying. These people were old ruler of Khokara Kot and Mohanbadi ancient kingdom of aryan time. . These above villages are around Khokara Kot- Mohanbadi- Now Jhasava Kalan- Khurd
      I visited this site many times with Swami OMANAND JI. More material from Khokara kot and Mohanbadi is in Gurukal Jhajjar museum for further research.

      FAMOUS- WELL KNOWN PERSON IN DUDI- DUDEE GOTRA

      JETHARAM DUDI
      RAMESAWAR LAL DUDI EX MP BIKANER
      RAMNARAYAN MINISTER IN RAJASTHAN
      DHANA RAM EX-MLA BHADRA
      LALCHAND EX-MINISTER BHADRA
      CH-JITRAM MLA- V.CHAUTALA
      KAMAL PATEL MLA- HARDA MP- BJP YUVAMORCH PRESIDENT
      SURAJBHAN SINGH EX-EDITOR JATSEWAK JAIPUR.
      CHANDER PARKASH EDITOR JAGATA JAT NAGOR
      RANABAI- BHAGTI MOVEMENT SAINT BORN IN DUDI JAT FAMILY OF NAGOR DIST .

      Dharmpal Dudee
      Back to top

      '); //-->

      Pardeep Mann <pardeep_mann2000@...> wrote:

      Javed

      This is all I have on the Wariach'.s

      Rub rakha

      This is all I have on the Variach/Waraich Jatt Clan.

      It is a quote from Punjab Castes by Sir Denzil Ibbetson (1883)

      "The Waraich is one of the most largest Jat tribes in the Salt Ranges Province. IN Akbars time they held two thirds of the Gujrat district, though on less favourable terms than those allowed to the Gujars who held the remainder, they held 170 villages in the district in the 1880s. The spread along under the hills as far as Ludhiana, maler Kotla and Guranwala (where they held 41 villages in the 1880s)

      They are staunchly proud with their Jat ancestory and do not even pretend to be Rajputs and say their ancestor was Dhudi, a Jat who came into India with Mahummed Ghaznavi and settled in Gujrat, where they grew powerful and partly dispersed the orginal Gujar lords of the soil.

      Another story is that their ancestor was a Surajbansi Rajput who can from Ghazni to Gujrat, while according to a thirs account their ancestor was a descendant of Raja Karan who went froim the city of Kisralh to Delhi ans was seltted by Jalal-ul-din Firoz Shah in Hissar, whereupon they monved some 6 centuries ago to Guranwala.

      Regardsless, there is little doubt that Gujanwala was their first home and that their movement has been eastwards. The Wazirabad family of this tribe rose to Importanace under the Sikhs , and its history is narrated by Lepel Griffin in Punjab Chiefs. They are mostly Muslims, but retained many of their tribal and a few Hindu customs. They marry with the best local tribes and appear to be known as Chung or Variach indiffernelt in the Lahore district"
      .

      When I was it Pakistan in 2003, I remember seeing a bus company by the name of Wariach on the way from Lahore to Islamabad.

      I will send more information when available to me.

      REgards and best wishes.

      Pardeep Singh Mann
      (Lyalpur da Jat)

      Javed wrote:
      Hello Every One,

      I am javed from Pakistan. I am Jat/Warraich and very proud to be
      one. I know little bit of own history as preserved as a folk lore. I
      would like to know more about Warraichs. The group seems interesting
      and hopefully will gain much from it.

      Yahoo! Groups Links