Re: again gujjars are not jat

  • Rajagopal S. Iyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
      namo namaH,

      --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "AMIT" <mit_sar@y...> wrote:
      > hi ravi when u say about gotras u will find so many jat gotra in so
      > many other caste like bhangi chammars so u mean that they all are
      > jat i dont agree with that and u wont believe that some jat sir name
      > are even shared by britishers like gill,dhillon

      This is my first post in this group. I am a learner here as I really
      don't know much about indomitable Jats.

      Dear Amit,

      As you can probably make out from my surname, and I have been given to
      understand since birth that I am a brahmin .

      As an active participant / member / lurker in many groups, and arguing
      for correctness in representation and against many conceptual errors
      that have crept into our understanding of our common rich heritage, I
      have often come across some real hard statements and have got worked
      up against many people in the past.

      Some facts that we may learn will be stunningly pleasing and some
      really upsetting our received wisdom.

      But they never fail to educate us though.

      It is natural that whatever may be the case, every human existing has
      had an ancestor. gotra is but the name of one of the many examplary
      ancestor. so there is absolutely no reason to get surprised when
      anyone claims he / she is a from a particular family lineage.

      I have complete respectful admiration to Ravi's immense dedication and
      patience, who has been longer in the e-lists than I have been and has
      faced a LOT of flak.

      We grow with every learning experience and, you bet, we grow faster
      (intellectually) with interaction on these e-lists.

      Best of regards

      aa no bhadraaH kratavo yantu vishvataH

      Rajagopal
    • Ravi Chaudhary
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        Rajgopal,

        Welcome and thanks your compliment, which I do not really deserve.
        As you know this is just a small effort to gather together in one
        place resource material.

        Labels, nomenclatures, at best half understood , replace knowledge
        and understanding.
        Over time this calcifies. Time can be can in years, decades or
        centuries.

        We should also keep in mind, that lack of interaction leads to lack
        of understanding, and over time we all forget where we started from.

        Interaction, clashes of intellectual ideas, will generate new
        knowledge or at least re discover old knowledge

        I hope we will see many more posts from you .

        Ravi

        --- In JatHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Rajagopal S. Iyer" <rajsand@h...>