Ramdev's talk on Gandhi sparks row

  • Pradip Kumar Datta
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
      Ramdev's talk on Gandhi sparks row

      ANI
      Jabalpur/Indore: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has courted the wrath of followers of the father of the nation, Mahamta Gandhi, for his comment that Gandhi's non-violence alone did not achieve freedom for the country.
      Ramdev, hugely popular for propagating the healing of diseases through yoga, said the country should not ignore the contributions of revolutionaries in its fight against British colonial rule.
      He said this in Jabalpur, where he is imparting yoga training to Army personnel.
      "See, I am a follower of penance, sacrifice, non-violence and truth. But I am also a follower of revolutionaries. I live a simple life. I don't do what everyone else does. But I believe that the freedom of our country is because of the sacrifice of martyrs," Baba Ramdev said.
      "If somebody says that the country achieved independence without arms, without bloodshed, I believe that is an insult to the country's martyrs," he added.
      Gandhi's followers, mainly activists of the Congress Party, were quick to retort.
      They charged Ramdev with insulting the Father of the Nation. Youth workers of the Congress burnt posters of Ramdev and shouted slogans against him.
      Angry protestors urged Baba Ramdev to concentrate on Yoga only.
      "We believe what he (Ramdev) said is not correct. He should just concentrate on yoga only," said Devendre Singh Yadav, a leader of the Youth Congress in Indore.

      Indeed it's correct that under heavy pressure from Netaji and INA (Indian National Army) british decided to leave India and not under pressure from non-violance movement.

      Pradip Kumar Datta
      visit: http://missionnetaji.org   visit and know the truth about Netaji and know the people who betrayed Netaji

    • ask34amin@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
        In a message dated 12/1/2006 7:40:50 AM Central Standard Time, pradip200@... writes:

        Ramdev's talk on Gandhi sparks row

        Hi Pradip:

        I has forwarded your message to a friend of mine.  His reply is as follows.

        It may shock you as follower and worshiper of Gandhi, but I do not find the remarks of this yoga man offensive at all. In fact I fully agree with what is quoted.

        It is amazing that when two follwers of Blair in the UK used even abusive language about Gandhi and I protested, which was reported widely in the Uk and also in India, none of these fake followers of Gandhi even whispered a word to support  for me. Why? Because they are the arse lickers of the Brits and dare not say a word against them. But for political convenience they are willing to castigate an Indian who has done nothing more than exercised his right of free speech and told the truth.

        As I am not the member of any of the groups to which the original mail has been sent, I am not able to express my support for the yoga man. But I hope you will convey my views to all of them.

        Paramjit Bahia

      • ramesh nigam

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
            Now I hope you guys would have understood that in India we still have Elected Dictatorship.
            Since Ramdev himself is a bigshot so Congress could not do anything but think of a common man, these guys can screw anyone.

            India is not Democracy

[...]

          • Subhash
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
              Will some of the secular intelelctual tell me How Lanka, Vietnam,
              Burma and other countries got freedom during 1940-50. Was Gandhi
              responsible for their freedom.

              --
              - In India-Force@yahoogroups.com, ramesh nigam <nigamrc@...> wrote:

              > No sane Indian will disagree with Baba Ramdeo. He was very correct.
              Every nationalist of India must come out with a strong support in his
              favor. Let not the congress continue with its fraud on the nation.
            • Vishal K. Gupta
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
                I thought in a democracy anybody can protest against what they want. How does Ramdevjee's support for armed freedom struggle lead to India being an "elected dictatorship"? I think India is the best democracy in the world and we should all work to make it better.

                Vishal

                Pradip Kumar Datta <pradip200@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

                *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

                Grant me the serenity to accept things I can not change, courage to change things I can, and wisdom to know the difference- Unknown.

              • Barin Chatterjee
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
                  I do not understand why people have suddenly become active in breaking the Nation??? What is going to serve the purpose in digging the past??? Historians may get interest in such issues, politicians may get interest in lighting up the fire, but for us, the common people, we need harmony and integrity in the one-Nation concept  forgetting the past and leaving upon the Almighty to decide the judgement...which I think has already been more than adequately taken care by HIM !
                  You talk about elected dictatorship? what is happening in West Bengal at the moment? Is it democracy? Firsrt, was it an election? Is it not befooling the generations yet to come, totally ignoring the practical sense and scientific knowledge..Now we have no other means to protest but only  "to shut our eyes and tongues" and "concentrate on yoga", because any other means will be immediately be interpreted as people's war and the movement will be throttled as has happened in the past !
                  My practical sense with a little bit of scientific knowledge says that by misusing the blessed deltaic terrain, the Govt. is cutting off the transmissibility in the recharge area of Kolkata's ground water table. Not only the paddy cultivation and potato cultivation will be sacrificed, availability of ground water for drinking purpose in Kolkata and down below will all be affected. Then these politicians and their "chamchas", the self interested scientific personnel of the Govt. will immediately point fingers to the vertical growth of the city.
                  Barin Chatterjee, Ex-Director, Geological Survey of India

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 3, 2006
                    In a message dated 12/2/2006 11:44:27 PM Central Standard Time, ggoldfin@... writes:

                    Will some of the secular intelelctual tell me How Lanka, Vietnam,
                    Burma and other countries got freedom during 1940-50. Was Gandhi
                    responsible for their freedom.

                    Dear Friends:

                    Because India became a free nation, the British had no use of Lanka and Burma as well as for he African colonies.  PM Macmillan of Britain visiting South Africa made a speech on wind of change that set into motion the winding down of the British Empire in Africa.

                    As for Vietnam, it had nothing to do with freedom of India.  It's time for anti-secularists to look at the western world.  US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia are fast becoming secular, multicultural, multi religion nations.  There are over twenty-five million Hindus living around the world.  If the world can accommodate Hindus in their nations, why are Indian anti-secularists hanging on the dead policies Hitler's?
                    ?

                    Arvind Amin
                    ask34amin@...
                  • Brahma Mehrotra
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 3, 2006
                      There is no evidence on record to corraborate that British were shaklen by gandhian methods and they thought to run away due to fear of gandhi.Nothing cant be bigger joke.
                      Moderator
                      __________
                      Dear Barin,
                      What's wrong what Baba Ramdev said.

                      Independence was not taken - it was given and that too not alone through Gandhi's principles.

                      Revolutionaries have an upper hand than Gandhi.

                      India would have been a different entity had independence come through Subhash Bose's principles? Can you visualize it?

                      Brahma Mehrotra

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 3, 2006
                        In a message dated 12/3/2006 9:14:09 AM Central Standard Time, ggoldfin@... writes:

                        Where is the question of secularism here. Just tell us
                        how other countries in world got freedom. Secularists
                        and Congress have misused name of Gandhi to pocket
                        public funds and garner votes. For them Gandhi is
                        money minting machine.

                        Who shall pay for the killings of innocent people in
                        Kashmir. Is Gnadhi or Nehru going to compensate. In
                        India secularism means licence to loot public funds.
                        --- ask34amin@... wrote:

                        Dear Friend:

                        In your previous email you wrote: {
                        Will some of the secular intelelctual tell me How Lanka, Vietnam, Burma and other countries got freedom during 1940-50. Was Gandhi
                        responsible for their freedom.}  So, you brought in the word and asked a secularist to respond.  That is why you heard from me.

                        On how other nations became free.  The others like Vietnam won their freedom through waging war on the French.  Like the British freed their colonies, the French too freed their colonies.  To me India's freedom through nonviolence methods was the best thing that occurred in our nation, Other wise, had an armed conflict erupted with the British, millions of Indians who have died.  Remember what happened to the Indians of the 1851 mutiny against the British?

                        What you write about Congress party that Gandhiji has been made into money printing machine is correct.  I am a secularist, but I have not made a single Rupee using Gandhiji's name.

                        Pakistan and not Nehru or Gandhiji should pay fro the killings of innocent people.

                        It's not people like me that have stolen our nation's wealth.  It's our Immoral polity of Congress and BJP has stolen the wealth of our nation, that has today created a poverty jail where mote than 500 millions Indians starve to death.

                        From your writing, I feel that you are too much involved with the past.  Past is past and cannot be changed.  It's like standing on a bridge over a river, the water just flows away.  All of us needs to concentrate on making the future better for our children.  My mission is to free India from our Corrupt Immoral polity.  If it interests you, please write to me.

                        Arvind Amin
                        ask34amin@...
                      • shadi katyalsearch
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 3, 2006
                          This is not a fact but just trying to make up history.
                          I have always maintained that Gandhi and his Gang
                          could not have got India partitioned if the British
                          were not bankrupted by TWO World wars. The first time
                          USA bankroilled them but after the Second WW USA spent
                          their efforts to rehabalitiate Japan and Europe.

                          British could not keep any of these territories as
                          there was not enough revenue to adminsiter the area.
                          If they didnot need these colonies why did they not
                          walkout immediately.

                          There are certain areas which they kept like Hong Kong
                          and many Western Indies including Falkland for much
                          longer periods because these areas were flourishing
                          and paid enough revnue to run the Govt.
                          The British left Middle East in 70's as they could not
                          afford naval expenses and Dago Garcia was sold or
                          leased to USA.

                          We should keep our facts straight and because we
                          worship Gandhi and call him Mahtama and Bapu doenot
                          mean that he was the reason of India partition. India
                          never got any freedom but it was Bill of exchange of
                          Power which transfered pwoer from British to Indians.
                          How can pone call that freedom. How can India call
                          gandhi father of nation when India existed centuries
                          before Gandhi was even born. Let us get our facts
                          straight and donot get carried away with our emotions.

                          Regards
                          shadi
                        • ramesh nigam
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 3, 2006
                            not the secularism but pseudo secularism is, what is responsible for diluting nationalism-the main reason of senseless loot without any consideration for the motherland as to how that loot is responsible for 'mother's' misfortune.
                            while discussing the role of Gandhi, we must not forget/ignore the roles of Subhash, Revolutionaries and the silent organisations like RSS and those active on foreign lands including USA, CANADA.
                            profit & loss account of Gandhi's role in India's shaping is a big LOSS, as he failed in all his missions-Drive the British mentality out, Forge Hindu-Muslim unity, Removing out Untouchability, Swadeshi and Ram Rajya.

                            --- ask34amin@aol. com wrote:

[...]

                            From your writing, I feel that you are too much involved with the past.  Past is past and cannot be changed.  It's like standing on a bridge over a river, the water just flows away.  All of us needs to concentrate on making the future better for our children.  My mission is to free India from our Corrupt Immoral polity.  If it interests you, please write to me.

                            Arvind Amin
                            ask34amin@aol. com

                          • ask34amin@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
                              In a message dated 12/5/2006 6:56:16 AM Central Standard Time, nigamrc@... writes:

                              profit &loss account of Gandhi's role in India's shaping is a big LOSS, as he failed in all his missions-Drive the British mentality out, Forge Hindu-Muslim unity, Removing out Untouchability, Swadeshi and Ram Rajya.

                              Dear Ramesh Nigam:

                              Attacking Gandhiji is not going to bring solutions.  Gandhiji, sacrificed his life for nation is a fact.  He and his backers, 200 million of our grandfathers through peaceful Satyagraha delivered the freedom we have today in our nation.  The losses you mention are not to Gandhiji, but the Imparl politicians of the last sixty years.

                              You have mentioned major issues -- forge Hindu-Muslim unity, removing out untouchability, swadeshi and Ram Rajya.  EIL our Immoral polity of Congress and BJP, made matters worse than before.  The self proclaimed Swadesdhi party BJP used Hindu religion of UM SHANTI OM SHANTI to deliver it's Hinduvta Genocide through Modi in Gujarat.  That itself created a very large hole in the delicate fabric of unity in our nation.  Congress also delivered it's genocide on Sikh community.  Both parties have stolen the wealth of our nation and the crime is still on today.  Instead of Ram Raj, both parties participated in creating the world's largest poverty jail for our, over 500 million Indians trapped in hunger.

                              Time has come to follow our grandfathers' method of peaceful Satyagraha and disobey the nations laws.  Like our grandfathers, we have the same responsibility to fight evil with peaceful means.  It is up to us to remove the Immoral polity from power.  That is why I offered an alternative in my document released on August 01, 06 to free India from the corrupt polity.

                              Let us not waste out time and energy on the past.  We need to concentrate of current issues.  It's like this: "If one wants to go to heaven, one has to die first."  In the same way, if we want Ram Rajya, it is up yo us to unite against evil.  Like Ram got rid of Raven, our Raven Empire is sitting in our Parliament.  Once we remove the Immoral Raven Empire from Parliament, with loyal patriots of India in charge of the nation's government can and will deliver the freedom, rights and Ram Rajya we all seek.

                              I urge you to read the following link that tells of the efforts our grandfathers made to free India.

                              http://www.aforcemorepowerful.org/book/excerpts/india.php

                              I accept that Subhaschandra Bose needs to be acknowledged as a hero of our nation, but not the RSS, for they participated and helped Modi to rape, gang rape India's children women and man in Gujarat in 2002.  A fact is a fact and the crime is already registered in God's Supreme Court where the Immoral polity cannot block the wheels of justice as has been done in our nation.  Without justice, freedom and unity, no one can deliver Ram Rajya.

                              Arvind Amin
                              ask34amin@...

                            • shadi katyalsearch
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
                                Dear Arvind,

                                You have your own beleifs but some of us have complete
                                different views. I have lived through that period of
                                life and seen Gandhi Non voilance and his hands full
                                of blood of millions of innocents families.One must
                                face and recognise that he was an utter fialrure
                                thought we may call him Mahtma or Bapu.
                                He was not a politician and kept the Congress under
                                his authority.

                                He didnot bring any freedom but partiton and holi of
                                blood. when you sit doiwn and read his life history in
                                India you can recognise that how he failed on all
                                his satyagrahas. When people were ready for
                                revoluation he backed away. Take first case of
                                Chorachuri in Bihar. Similarly while in /first WW he
                                helped British for recuritment,he went to jail and
                                refused to help the British. Do you think British
                                folded out of India because he was in Jail.

                                It was his talk of Ramrajya which drove the muslims
                                out of congress and even Jinnah left. Was not it his
                                duty when he talks of brotherhood to go and talk to
                                Jinnah and others and broing them back in to his fold.
                                We have to face the reality. We cannot stay blinded
                                with slogans of NonVoilance and satya grah.

                                as a matter of fact he and Nehru were the cause of
                                blood bath in India when Jinnah declared Direct Action
                                Day on august 1946 with blood streams flowing in
                                Clacutta and Punjab. One must not just follow blindly.
                                Histoery as I have lived is very different.

                                Are you aware that when he came to delhi from caluctta
                                in September, he went to Muslim Refugee camps and shed
                                some tears but he was blind to those who were living
                                on footpaths and have lost everything.
                                One has to suffer to know what suffering is and there
                                are millions like me who have suffered so please dont
                                tell us what a great man he was and how he got us
                                Independance. Why not say openly that he was a murdrer
                                and reason of partition.

                                regards
                                shadi