Re: [India-Force] Re: reservations in private sector

  • satbir singh
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
      The poor students could be given scholarships, free
      food, free books, free tutions, etc. but they should
      come up on the basis of their merit only and there
      should be no reservations. If any Brahmin teacher
      does not impart education to a so called lower caste
      boy, the boy's parents could always go to the National
      Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
      and the Commission would set the matter right and take
      the teacher to task. After all, what is the
      Commission for.

      Satbir Singh Bedi

      --- tanuj poddar <djpaddystudio7@...> wrote:

      > what disturbs me the most in this respect is the
      > diffrence in the
      > quality of people from diffrent classes . we do say
      > that there should
    • Gurudatta Raut
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
        First reserve the Parliament seats and then talk Foul "Gov of India".

        Oops but then that will defeat the purpose of Quota , ie. to get the
        seats.

        --- In India-Force@yahoogroups.com, "ssbedi1945" <ssbedi1945@...> wrote:

        > It seems that the Government of India is hell bent on
        > introducing reservations in private jobs also. I was
        > wondering whether it would cover jobs in print and
        > electronic media as well as advertising and film world
      • tanuj poddar
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
          well that is the exact point . what is the commision for ??? it aims
          by letting the inequality curb and then try to compensate it by taking
          steps that invite such large scale criticism . the point i make is why
          accept this notion that the so called lower caste children are going
          to be less efficient and there is no way to change this trend and thus
          seats will have to be reserved . the steps should be taken at the
          grass root level so that no such diffrence exist . it is insane that
          some children are considered to be less efficient even without being
          given equal chance to compete. just because they are born in a certain
          family soi they have to work harder for their careers. when we talk
          of removing barriers of poverty , this barrier should also be
          considered ...

          tanuj

          --- In India-Force@yahoogroups.com, satbir singh <ssbedi1945@...> wrote:

          > The poor students could be given scholarships, free
          > food, free books, free tutions, etc. but they should
          > come up on the basis of their merit only and there
          > should be no reservations. If any Brahmin teacher
          > does not impart education to a so called lower caste
          > boy, the boy's parents could always go to the National
          > Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
          > and the Commission would set the matter right and take
          > the teacher to task. After all, what is the
          > Commission for.
          >

          > Satbir Singh Bedi
          >
          > --- tanuj poddar <djpaddystudio7@...> wrote:
          >
          > > what disturbs me the most in this respect is the
          > > diffrence in the
          > > quality of people from diffrent classes . we do say
          > > that there should

        • Logically Genius
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 3, 2006
            We have no choice but to start blatant discrimination against SC ST OBC, until the rules of equality are not in place.

            What alternative do u suggest ?

            Dr N Bhashyam <drnbhashyam@...> wrote:
            This will lead to balkanisation of the country initally on caste lines later on further divisive forces of province and language may be added to further disintegrate .All these taks of social transformation is aimed at weakening the country politically  and economically .If these divisive forces are given impetus the goal of India emerging as a leader in the incoming knowledge era  will remain a dream never to be fulfilled. On ther other hand  the divided country may be  become  in days to come the presenr day Darfur.It is peiople who write their own history  and not the Almighty God..

            satbir singh <ssbedi1945@yahoo. com> wrote:
            This is going to be true. Private Sector cannot
            afford not to follow Government's directions. In
            fact,Government is consolidating its Vote Bank
            politics by making caste-based reservations
            everywhere; in Government jobs, in admission to
            Institutes of Higher learning; in admission to private
            unaided Institutes, etc. It is also hell bent on