Re: Re: [India-Force] Indian System of Education

  • Nish
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005

      hi shadi,

      Well i am a bit agreed with u, u are saying from last 2 year.. but as u know an indian education, have to start from class 8th. where student have growing logical as well as art power in them... they are in that stage to develop their own field, as in india majority student don't know what to choose after 10 class or after 12th class, because there is always pressure from parents to go in medical or engg, so if they start from class 8th then might be posible that they have better idea to choose their own field which of an interest..

      What u say?

      Assistant Console Officer,
      Reliance Infocomm.
      Naroda-Ahmedabad
      Ph:- 079-30331109
      With Regards
      Nish.

      India-Force@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Dear Jey,

      I dont think you want high school graduates to be
      potters.
      What we need is some kind
    • shadi katyalsearch
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
        Dear Nish,

        It is unfortunate that we donot have consulars in our
        schools who can guide the youngesters. In USA eduction
        system which by the way is run by local boards as we
        all pay school taxes, they provide consulars who will
        discuss and guide the student.
        Even if we had such system of consuling, I presume our
        parent pressure will override the child's goal.

        Unfortunately we have seen similar cases even in USA,
        though rare whee the parents want the child to be a
        doctor or Engineer and the child has reolted and left
        the house or even may go on drugs. We as parents
        though worry about the welfre of our children, must
        allow them to develop also.

        Thanks and regards
        Shadi

        --- Nish <nish71in1@...> wrote:

        > hi shadi,
        >

        > Well i am a bit agreed with u, u are saying from
        > last 2 year.. but as u know an indian education,
        > have to start from class 8th. where student have
      • Ramakrishna Chitrapu
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005

          Dear Shadi,

          I think there is counselling system for admission to the professional colleges. I just saw some where something about it.

          You said the parent pressure is more on the children forcing them to take a course which si not their choice.

          In India when I wasa student the criterio was merit and the the top man gets the admission.  in the college we used to joke.. in India wives and professions are not chosen but they are thrust upon. So far as maariages are concerned thers is a chnage in the trnd of selecting wives. Now adyas the boys selct the girls.. by day and night.. with the divorses as many as marriages.

          So far as the professions are concerned..once the merit is killed and the method of selection for admissions is anything other than merit.. the profession again is purely a matter of chance. What will the counsellor do if the fellow getting over 90% is denied admission to favour another who just manages to scape trhough?

          In USA the admissions are not based on factors other than merit. In India the main factor is that.I still remember when I was a student the admissions were purely based on merit and the person topping the list or holds a rank does not have to go round begging for admission. When I got a rank in the Master's degree I was called and offered a position on the faculty.Now see the progress we have made in the last nearly fifty years.we cannot be even sure of admission even if we are toppers.

          Tell me honsetly what the counsellor can do in such cases?

          Best wishes,

          Ramakrishna

        • shadi katyalsearch
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
            Dear Jey,

            I am surprised that you think vocational education is
            beyond the Indians. why are we afraid to learn any
            trade where we may have to get our hands
            dirty.Everyone cannot be a genius or Doctor. we all
            must utilise our abilities to the best and thus have
            some way to utilise these God given faculities.

            What is wrong beinga computor technologist who can
            repair or reset yoru set. what objection do you have
            for vocational training? We must change our education
            system and try to get as many people in schools who
            can read and write and learn to work with hands. Even
            an engineer here has to present project which he must
            workout and gets his hands dirty.

            regards
            shadi

            --- Jeyendra Balasubramanian <jeyendra@...>