Genesis of corruption and mismanagement in Government

  • Rajendra K.Gupta
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
      These surveys are normally statistically invalid becuase varius
      principles of research methodology cannot be followed in such
      surveys despite best talent involved.At best these indicate the
      trends. I think the survey figure of 21000 crores bribe money in
      India is peanuts.It is highlyoff the mark figure.Even assumin there
      are only 10 crore houelholds in India out of which 50% dont have
      anything to do with government there are 5 crore houselholds which
      depend on public utilities,jobs,legal assitance and licenses
      etc.What TII wants to tell that one average Indian household ( 10
      memeber unit assumed by us) is made to pay out just Rs 4000 per year
      by way of bribe money.That is very low figure.Secondly how
      corruption was defined ? It can have very wide connotations.Only 11
      elements have been taken and these are not reported in news.
      As regards Police, yes they are one of most corrupt.And not only
      corrupt most misbehaved, arrogant,insensitised, booze taking and pot
      belly idiots.Do we know why this is happening?Very simple reason but
      not taken by coorupt politcians because such police powers suit them.
      The real traitors are our elected representatives both in States and
      in Centre.They should be nailed down by people.They are fountain
      head of corruptipon.And they d it shamelessly and openly.They are
      backed by gun wileding policemen and protected by them.Is not it
      strange that the people who are paid by public to proetect citiznes
      actually proetct the crime perpetrators and corrupt people in
      politcis.All are not like this but a large number of them are.They
      have taken democracy model and people of India for granted as
      certified fools.
      Coming back to police, there are foru main reasons
      1.Absurd clause in Cr PC from time of British , to have powers to
      arrest someone ,merely on suspicion.This must immediately go
      2.No law of torts and judicial action against misbehaviour,
      harrassment, bribery and illegal detentions.That is why every day
      people die in police custody or shot by these cowards alleging
      people to be terrorists and acting in self defense.
      3.Highly corrupt, arrogant and mutuially netwroked IAS,IPS type
      swervice lobby.They are theb real culprits who never take serious
      action against subordinate officials.because they hemselves are part
      of dirty moneyconduit collecting hafta abnd passing after a cut to
      Politicians.They are still fucntioning as if working under
      british.Once enter they have immunity and permanent job, rapid
      promotions, security, servants, big bunglows and lot of dirty money
      and gifts.All scracth each other's back.
      Why cant we change all cicil services rules and make the jobs fixed
      tenure based.After 10 years we should discharge 25% of civil
      servants and therafet everyu 5 years 10% more.
      The prevention of corruption Act should be made stringent with life
      imrisonment and confiscation of entire property of self and
      dependents and starting of process without permission of bosses?why
      should this rule be allowed?
      Every year they should put on national public servant register their
      list of property so any one can see.This register should be
      available on website.
      For promotion every offciers public record file shold be considered
      with maximum weightage.In India no governement authority conducts
      satisfaction surveys.Can I ask why not?
      Why every offcials file be not maintained containing public
      complaints?

      4.The fourth reason is lame judiciary which itself is highly corrupt
      now.Atleast distrcit level.Openly in xcourts the clerks take money ,
      even in presence of presiding officers and they turn away blind
      eyes.this is common scene in any court you go from Jaipur to delhi
      to Chandigarh to Chenai.The courts are completely overpowered by
      corrupt lawyers and have no sensitivity to even courtroom
      layout,cleanliness, order and respect for witnesses.They are also
      functioning as if british courts handling subjects in a Colony.

      The solutions are hiodden in aboe observations.These are simple
      changes needed.But politcians wont do it.The IAS and their ilk wont
      allow it.They are biggest beneficary of moral decay in nation.They
      are new rulers in modern indian democracy.You have to pass one UPSC
      examinations and you are in permanently living king's life making
      money , provided you wag tail before bonelss,self seeking and
      corrupt politcians.
      In my rough estimates in India 45% of GDP is siphoned off and eaten
      away by nexus of babus,politicians and businessmen.

      People should ponder that isnpite of continuous calls and
      criticismwhy the corrupt governmets dont make changes in rukles and
      procures, why the systems are not modenised and sutomated and why
      severe punishments are not given to public servants.Why should they
      pay taxes for such corrupt system monopolised by 50 million people.
    • Surjeet Singh Kochhar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        I am tired of reading articles on Corruption day in day out. We all know it is there and
        "There is a way to solve this problem".
        Bring in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in full session. Blast the two building simultaneously, bring in Army rule for at least ten years. Cheaper to rebuild the two monuments again, than let these self styled "GODS" rule the country for ever and ever. That whole generation has to go alongwith their next generation. It is no crime to kill someone who is a nuisance, I would even call them "Rapist of the country".
        Shoot at sight orders be given for corrupt people.
        Indian currency to be abolished overnight and replaced by some thing else.

        One more thing, North Korea should take the initiative to send a Nuke to USA, these big brothers on that continent need to learn a lesson, the hard way.
        We are not realising, but with their policies, they want to rule the world.

        S. Singh

        "Rajendra K.Gupta" <rajendrabhai@...> wrote:
        These surveys are normally statistically invalid becuase varius
        principles of research methodology cannot be followed in such
        surveys despite best talent involved.At best these indicate the
        trends. I think the
      • Gope Lalwani
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          Gandhi wanted to dismantle congress after Independence
          but Nehru wanted to enjoy fruits of the organisation for his
          personal power and ego.
          Dismantle Congress party and Nehru-Gandhi Dynasty rule.
          Every thing will be O.K.
          Nehru and his Dynasty are the root cause of corruption.

          Surjeet Singh Kochhar <singhkochhar@...> wrote:
          I am tired of reading articles on Corruption day in day out. We all know it is there and
          "There is a way to solve this problem".
          Bring in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in full session. Blast the two building simultaneously, bring in Army rule for at least ten years. Cheaper to rebuild the two monuments again, than let these
        • Raj Mehta
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005

            Lady cop goes to jail for torture!

            Regardless of gender, a police officer inflicting so much damage that the prisoner dies is inexcusable! I am glad they mentioned her gender, but only because it shows that PEOPLE, when given power, can be violent and cruel.

            And WHY did the trial take 4 years?

            - L Steven Beene II,
            NomeUSA (July 2, 2005)
            LSBeene@...

            HindustanTimes.com  HTTabloid.com  Crime Patrol � Story

            Lady cop goes to jail for torture!

            Alka Rastogi
            LucknowJune 8, 2005

            A woman sub-inspector posted at the Mahila Thana in Allahabad has been sentenced to seven years imprisonment for torturing a murder suspect in police custody.

            On August 18, 2001, Vijay Lukshmi allegedly ordered cops to bring Shivraj Dubey and his son Manoj forcibly to the Thana for interrogation in a murder case.

            If the captives were expecting any mercy from a lady officer, they were sorely mistaken. SI Lukshmi first had the two men stripped and then caned on the buttocks. It is believed that Shivraj died from the torture and beatings suffered while in police custody.

            An FIR was later registered against the errant cop on the orders of then Senior Superintendent of Police, Allahabad.

            After a trial lasting four years, Lukshmi has finally been found guilty in the court of Allahabad's Additional district judge Dinesh Kumar Gupta of torturing Shivraj and Manoj while they were in police custody.

            Lukshmi's plea that her senior officers had framed her failed to change the verdict.

          • Raj Mehta
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005

              Irrespective of gender, the sons and daughters of dysfunctional families are responsible for misusing the laws and abusing others.

              Some Indians often say "Corruption is in our genes" but then the home environment has a lot to do with it too. Therefore, it should be obvious that corrupt and abusive parents will have devious, dishonest and abusive daughters (and sons).

              Why then has the myth been perpetuated that only the women (between the ages of 17 and 40) are the victims and all men and elderly parents and even young children are abusers?

              There is no doubt that real victims exist among the remainder of the population of a country where human life has little value, where a corrupt political and legal system turns a blind eye towards extortion and child labour, and 90 percent of the money allocated to help the poor and needy is siphoned off by the people in charge.

            • shadi katyalsearch
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
                Dear Raj,

                Very well expressed about the law and order and
                judiciary in India. Yes 90% of funds never reach the
                poor people. Thee are cases where even food for work
                has never reached the worker. How corrupt and
                unethical we can be but we talk of our spiritual
                superiority.

                the abuse between husband and wife happen all over the
                world and mostly in lower strta families. They get
                drunk and all the furstrations of unemployment and
                lack of money or food brings them to a point where the
                voilance is the only avenue left for them.
                Here in the USA one can call the police and the
                perpetator will go to jail immediately.We need such
                laws in India to save the families.

                The envoirnment does creat these problems as they say
                that children copy their parents more and what they
                see in the family will effect them

                Regards
                shadi

                --- Raj Mehta <rajimehta@...> wrote:

[...]

                All wealth belongs to the Divine;and those who hold it
                are merely its trustees-Sri Aurobindo

                Supreme Happiness in life is the conviction that we
                are loved

                Terms of Service.

                Yahoo! Sports
                http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com