Debate on Hindu philosophy of non violence

  • Prof.R K Gupta
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
      Dear Members,
      There has been lively debate on issues related to reaction of
      hindus in their perception of aggressive attitudes of other
      countries/religions which according to one of our worthy member Dr
      Sharma can be tackled by pro active and firm action.

      Well the present ruling party in india is overtly or covertly
      supportive of rather hot groups known as RSS and VHP.Poltica
      parties in india have bneeen using cateism, religion andfactional
      politics for their lust of power at high cost with society is
      paying now.this is tru for many other countries.It is ignorance of
      peiople that gets them sucked into this.
      There might have been several excesses committed by muslim
      invaders in past or british while ruling this land of peace,
      learning and non violence.
      Use of violence may be justified to defend a country's boundaries
      or to prevent commissioning of a crime against oneself or others,
      but its use for taking historocal revenges is not the doctrine of
      modern democratic system in the world, neither any religion allows
      tat including Islam.I am sorry to say but meaning of Jehad has
      been severely distorted by Mullahs.

      It should be rather explaining and focussing on these historical
      lapses to other communities and world they learn from PAST and not
      repeat the same mistakes again in future.

      As far as comments on Gurus and their preachings are concerned,
      well it is matter of personal faith. India has seen in past great
      saints and gurus who have given priceless philosophy of human and
      social conduct.Let us not forget that it were these same gurus who
      trained rama and other princes in war tactics.They have been great
      stabilising force in Hindu society and catalysed high achievments
      in Hindu culture and philosophy.

      Hinduism is not just a small religion .It is great timetested
      philosophy which has imbibed into itself islamic, sufi, catholic
      and several aboriginal spiritual and demographic patterns. It is
      kaleidoscopic and multi dimensional religion which hardly anyone
      can scratch or subdue.

      In the end I would request members to not attack any other member
      personally.It is forum for civil liberties and members are
      encouaged to xchange views and give suggestion so that we as a
      group can arrive at a consensus and do such things as would
      promote betterment of indian society for future.we will certaily
      intervene and step in ,wherever and whenever we notice any kind of
      attack is made against individual freedom, dignity and justice.We
      value all religions equally and consider religion as mainstaty of
      human life.It is beacon to be guided with and not to be used as a
      tool to vent out one's frustrations.We cant blame any one religion
      for present state of affairs in the world.All are to be blamed for
      religious in-tolerance .all are to be blamed for using religion as
      weapon to misguide youth and usurp individual freedom and dignity
      for their political and economical selfishness, be it US,India,
      pakistan or china.

      WE OUTRIGHTLY CONDEMN USE OF RELIGION FOR VIOLENCE AND POLITICAL
      OBJECTIVES.IT IS ABJECT ABUSE OF CIVIL RIGHTS IN ALL NATIONS WHO
      INDULGE IN THIS.

      Prof R K Gupta
    • Shahzad Gidwani
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003

        My one liner "Religion is all humbug & a waste of time and resources"

        "Prof.R K Gupta" <cityju@...> wrote:
[...]

        All wealth belongs to the Divine;and those who hold it are merely its trustees-Sri Aurobindo

        Supreme Happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Suresh Panwar
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
          Friends,

          There is no need to be too intellectual, and you know that we are the kings,
          have won the earth at times, the non-voilence only comes after given the
          condition that we are comfortable and there is no war/ disturbance.
          How can one think not to be aggressive when our trained talent is bleeding
          at borders.
          Thanks
          Suresh

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
            I agree with Prof Gupta's sentence about not to attack personally on any
            group member.
            Let me tell that he is quite right.
            Agreed
            Suresh

> [...]
            > value all religions equally and consider religion as mainstaty of
            > human life.It is beacon to be guided with and not to be used as a
            > tool to vent out one's frustrations.We cant blame any one religion
            > for present state of affairs in the world.All are to be blamed for
            > religious in-tolerance .all are to be blamed for using religion as
            > weapon to misguide youth and usurp individual freedom and dignity
            > for their political and economical selfishness, be it US,India,
            > pakistan or china.
            >
            > WE OUTRIGHTLY CONDEMN USE OF RELIGION FOR VIOLENCE AND POLITICAL
            > OBJECTIVES.IT IS ABJECT ABUSE OF CIVIL RIGHTS IN ALL NATIONS WHO
            > INDULGE IN THIS.
            >
            > Prof R K Gupta
            >

            > All wealth belongs to the Divine;and those who hold it are merely its
            trustees-Sri Aurobindo

            > Supreme Happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved

          • smita sharma

> [...]
              > for present state of affairs in the world.All are to be blamed for
              > religious in-tolerance .all are to be blamed for using religion as
              > weapon to misguide youth and usurp individual freedom and dignity
              > for their political and economical selfishness, be it US,India,
              > pakistan or china.
              >
              > WE OUTRIGHTLY CONDEMN USE OF RELIGION FOR VIOLENCE AND POLITICAL
              > OBJECTIVES.IT IS ABJECT ABUSE OF CIVIL RIGHTS IN ALL NATIONS WHO
              > INDULGE IN THIS.
              >
              > Prof R K Gupta
              >

              > All wealth belongs to the Divine;and those who hold it are merely its
              trustees-Sri Aurobindo

              > Supreme Happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved

              All wealth belongs to the Divine;and those who hold it are merely its trustees-Sri Aurobindo

              Supreme Happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved

            • Dr S Sharma
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
                Dear Suresh,
                India has been too soft so has been the target by
                terrorists and the problems have increased .I find it hard to accept that
                in face of barbarians they wish to hide behind the Burka of non violence
                even after attack on parliament in dec 2001. There is serios problem with
                the leaders of our country.
                yours sincerely
                dr. s. sharma

                http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
              • Suresh Panwar
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Dr. Sharma Ji,
                  Namaskar.
                  In fact, these days our people are misguided due to media-hypocricy and the
                  overall fall in the values in our country (due to many factors-outside the
                  scope of ths discussion), which we can observer here and there.
                  Thoughtfulness is now considered as foolishness.

                  It is true that we are committed to eliminate the wrong-doers through our
                  commitment and ACTS. Those 'beggers of terrorism' with whatever support
                  cannot face our bravery.What happened to Patten Tanks, everybody knows !!!

                  Where were the non-voilence people that time, when Terrorists attacked
                  Families, children of Army at Jammu, No Non-voilence follower went there.
                  Even in the past, these non-voilence people without moustaches, had put
                  problems in the path of great Bose, otherwise we would have been at some
                  other place today. Non-voilence is our concept but have limited impact in
                  practical life. The formula of giving another side of face to get slapped
                  has been outdated. By being proactive, 'Naseer Kunju' and 'Jagdish Yadav'
                  had been able to do what their friends, colleagues present at that moment,
                  couldnot do. I hope that most of you will be agree with these facts. We
                  should learn from past and must not repeat the same mistakes again in
                  future. By allowing, anybody to do anything has been a feature of democracy
                  but in our case, it has just been "Crowd-System'.The US (western) definition
                  of "Human Rights" doesnt carry any sense for us.

                  This is due to politics only, that there is serios problem with the leaders
                  of our country & we still have to bear such law & order problem, even we are
                  creating roads(superhighways between cities) and bridges in 2003, when
                  superhighway of information has been also built.

                  I wish that once the system is purified (process is going on- started by
                  then cec shri sheshan)- we will be able to take the lead.
                  Cheers!!!