URGENT UPDATE FROM POSCO

  • Sukla Sen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013
      India Resists

      Urgent Update from POSCO: Please Call the Authorities and Stop Forcible Land Acquisition

      July 4, 2013 5:29 pm

      POSCO June 13POSCO RESISTANCE UPDATE: In spite of heavy protest, the Odisha government is continuing the forceful land acquisition for Posco in Jagatsinghpur district. The betel vine owners were beaten up and their vineyards destroyed at gunpoint. The police had used physical force to carry on with the demolition drive despite their protests. Our people protested and refused to give in. However the policemen mercilessly beat them up and pulled them away from the betel vines. Even they didn’t allow our villagers to take back our necessary tools like motor pumps, polythene sheets and other tools from the farm land. The administration is playing double standards. They are using police force to acquire land while making false claims that work was going on with the consent of the people. Our villagers have intensified the stir during last few days and vowed not to hand over ‘a single inch of land’ to the Jagatsinghpur administration. We earnestly appeal you to keep writing and calling the following authorities to stop this forceful land acquisition.
      Kindly circulate this mail widely.
      Dear All,

[...]

      In Solidarity, Prashant Paikary
      Spokesperson, POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti
      Mobile no-09437571547
      E-Mail – prashantpaikary@...

      You can call/write to the following :
      1. Naveen Patnaik
      Chief Minister, Odishas
      Tel. No.(O) 011 91 674 2531100,011 91 674 2535100,
      011 91 674 2531500, Epbax 2163
      Tel. No.(R) 011 91 674 2590299, 011 91 674 2591099,
      011 91 674 2590844, 011 91 674 2591100,
      Fax No- (91)6742535100
      E Mail: cmo@...

      2. Dr. S.C. Jamir, Governor of Odisha, Fax No- (91)6742536582

      3. Shri Jugal Mohapatra , Chief Secretary, E-mail: csori@....

      Phone no – 0674 – 2536700
      0674 – 2534300
      0674 – 2322196
      Fax No – 0674 – 2536660

      3. S.K. Mallick , District Collector, Jagatsinghpur, Contact number 09437239444, Fax no – : (91)6724220299

      4. P. Satyabrata Bhoi, Superintendent of Police, Mobile no-09437094678,dmjsp@...

      5. Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India
      Tel no-+9111-23016857
      e mail: manmohan@...

      6. Sonia Gandhi: Tel Phone no – (91)11-23014161, (91)11-23012656, Fax- (91)112301865, soniagandhi@...,

      7. Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission of India, Faridkot House, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi 110 001, Tel: +91 11 230 74448, Fax: +91 11 2334 0016, Email: chairnhrc@...