Mulayam, Lalu, Rabri, Paswan and Mayawati have all become billionaires from nothing. Their assets should be carefully scrutinised and punishment awarded to them.

  • satbir singh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2009
      Mulayam Singh Yadav, the former Chief Minister of U.P., Lalu Prasad Yadav, the former Railway Minister, Rabri Devi, the former Chief Minister of Bihar, Ram Vilas Paswan, former Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister and Mayawati, the Chief Minister of U.P. have all rags to riches story.  They have not earned money by doing some business but have become billionaires by joining politics and becoming Ministers/Chief Ministers.  Does a Minister or a Chief Minister earns so much that he could become a billionaire in a short span of time.  The answer is certainly not if we are to go by the example of an honest politician like late Lal Bahadur Shastri who was Minister in the Nehru Cabinet for so many years and then was the Prime Minister of India and yet he died as a pauper leaving a great debt behind him which must have been paid by his family.  Then how could these people, Mulayam, Lalu, etc. become billionaires.  The answer is that they became billionaires by corrupt means, misusing their offices of Minister/Chief Minister.

      The CBI did launch a fodder scam case against Lalu and a disproportionate assets case Lalu and Rabri but nothing has come out of it because of the influence which Lalu carries in the corridors of power.  Similarly, there is a Taj Corridor scam case and disproportionate assets case against Mayawati but the Governor of U.P. is said to be standing in the way of removal of Mayawati as the Chief Minister of the State. Similarly, a disproportionate assets case is stated to be framed against Mulayam Singh Yadav by CBI but his son has moved the Supreme Court to order a judicial inquiry into the matter.

      Now CBI is not independent and the Central Govt. wants the support of Lalu, Rabri, Mayawati and Myulayam and is, therefore, not allowing the former to act impartially.  My first demand is that CBI should be made independent and the Supreme Court should also not dilly dally with the cases against these people and should itself order for the arrest of Mayawati, if Governor of U.P. who has been made a Governor by the Central Govt. which is being supported by Mayawati, does not order her arrest.  The whole constitution of India needs to be changed as I have mentioned many times.  CBI should be made independent like UPSC and the Supreme Court must act against these corrupt people firmly.  Moreover, death sentence should be given to corrupt people by amending the law.  I request the Govt. of India to order probe against all these people, Mulayam, Lalu, Rabri, Paswan and Mayawati and after amending the anti corruption act, hang these people.  Our leaders should emulate Late Lal Bahadur Shastri and become honest before people lose their patience.

      Satbir Singh Bedi, BH(Poorvi) 682, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi-110088

    • Ramakrishna Chitrapu
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
        Satbir,

        You know despite evrything her highness took him into the cabinet and given him a very important portfolio,Railways, in the last cabinet.Birds of the same feather flock together.The high command wanted Congress in power and so it was. You have seen quattrochi.It is a shameless act on the part of the government to make use of CBI to drop the case.

        You are talking of only a handful of them. Right from top to bottom are corrupt.DR Subramanaima Swamy has given lots of details of corruptuion by the high command and the prince royal has categorically said the ruling parties do use the CBI to save their own people.

        HOnesty and integrity are to seep down from the top to bottom but we see in our case the upside down

        You and I only talk out and cannot even vote out this corrupt mafia gopvernment.

        God should descend to earth to save the country from these wovles

        Best wishe

        Beta Tester Badge 3

        To: presidentofindia@...; manmohan@...; soniagandhi@...; kapilsibal@...; supremecourt@...; Issuesonline_worldwide@yahoogroups.com; janshakti@yahoogroups.com; contribute@yahoogroups.com; eGovIndia@yahoogroups.com; Branded_Indian@yahoogroups.com; political_analysts@yahoogroups.com; rjdal@...; contact@...; cc@...; issuesonline_worldwide@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009

          I have posted my comments which may or may not be published. But here it is:

          Let me put it straight: our judiciary is a fraud. And thanks to the predominance of criminals in our law making institutions it is not going to change in the near future. We really have a Catch 22 situation here. The only people who can cut the gordian knot may be the naxalites and maoists.

          Prove me wrong, if you will.

          regards n bw

          ravi

          .