BETWEEN TWO EVILS -- Organiser Weekly

  • WebXpurt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31 7:09 PM
      http://worldmonitor.wordpress.com
      THE WORLD BETWEEN TWO EVILS
      By M.S.N. Menon, Organiser

      The world is caught between two evils—the evil of
      American hegemony and the evil of Islamic terrorism.
      Both must be fought and defeated.

      They represent the same view—that they know better,
      that they have, therefore, the right to rule over the
      world.

      A hundred years ago or so, we dreamt of an ideal world
      order. What we got were nightmares—Fascism, Nazism and
      Communism, each trying to deny men their freedom,
      trying to make them zombies. However, by the end of
      the century, they were all discredited. Empires were
      gone. “Utopias” were gone. But the world paid a heavy
      price for these experiments.

      We were almost sure that no one would try to put us
      back into a pen. We were mistaken. America wants us to
      be in an American pen. And the Islamists want us to be
      in an Islamic pen. They offer no other option.

      It was the Christian civilisation that spawned these
      evil orders—all making promises of a world flowing
      with milk and honey. How we lapped up these false
      promises! We got no milk or honey. Instead, we got
      poison. We are now being promised the
      Nizam-e-Mustafa—a new paradise. We saw a glimpse of it
      in Afghanistan under the Taliban. Are there any takers
      for this “paradise”? Of course, there are, for men
      never learn from history. Which is really the “human
      predicament.”

      The new threat to humanity is worse because it comes
      from a source which is not democratic, which does not
      believe in reason. I mean the Islamic world. It has
      not produced one democratic country in all these
      years. That makes the present situation alarming.

      There are over a billion Muslims in the world. Some
      red in tooth and claw. Many of them are ready to die
      for their faith. It is a frightening thought.

      True, America is an evil empire. In sixty years, it
      played havoc with the destinies of many peoples and
      nations. And it turned the world into a milch cow for
      the benefit of the Americans.

      But America is a democracy. It responds to world
      opinion and to domestic criticism. That gives us hope.
      It is not the “Satan” that it is said to be.

      But no Muslim country responds to the world. And there
      is little domestic criticism.

      Remember, the Taliban destroyed the Bamiyan Buddha
      although the world stood against it. September 11—it
      is loved by their God, they say. Take the case of bin
      Laden—a crackpot and criminal, a Pol Pot in the
      making.

      He enjoys a substantial measure of support among the
      educated Muslims of the world. And there is the silent
      majority which admires him from afar.

      The Muslims prefer to bury their past. Much of it lies
      like a silent cemetery. It is full of revengeful
      ghosts. But the Maulanas tell their flock that they
      created paradise on earth and that it is the West
      which destroyed it.

      I think it is time to make a law to banish anyone who
      proclaims that he has a solution for all the ills of
      men. Such a man is a dangerous lunatic. He should live
      in an island. Call it Utopia, if you like, for poetic
      justice.

      There is no panacea for our ills. When nature itself
      goes about by trial and error, we can do no better
      than follow nature. Try and try again.

      Today, says and authority, Islam has come to be
      identified with the mullah—a semi-literate man, with a
      scruffy beard and gown, the Taliban with his AK-47,
      burqua-clad women, madrasas and frenzied masses. The
      Muslims must come off this repulsive image.

      Terror has no place in Islam—this is the claim. If
      this is so, let the sane Muslims work to prove it.

      Change is the essence of justice. Without change,
      there can be no correction, there can be no justice.
      But some say: Not a comma of the Quran will be
      changed! With what result? Muslims continued to call
      the Mahatma a kafir, India a Dar-ul-Harb. And look at
      the shame of the Muslims of India having to look at
      the face of their Hindu “brothers” after this!

      We in India fought the British empire without taking
      to violence. Mandela of South Africa followed the
      Indian example. And Martin Luther King of America
      followed the Gandhian path in his fight against racism
      in America. But Jinnah chose the path of violence.
      Why? Because his religion had laid down the path of
      violence—jihad—for him. The way of peace has never
      been an option.

      Who can do the correction then? Only they can do it.
      Remember, Lincoln fought a war against his own
      brothers when they went wrong, when they insisted on
      keeping slaves. Can Islam produce a Lincoln? (That is
      the test…. of a civilisation.) I wonder!
      source:http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=208&page=11

      http://worldmonitor.wordpress.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com