'Shoot out 'movie and police reform issues

  • Prof R K Gupta-India
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      If you have not already burnt hole in your pocket don't waste your
      hard or easy earned money either, in seeing this stupid poorly
      made movie. Much better movies have already been made in past on
      same theme.

      Hurriedly made movie and an attempt to try repeat of success of
      'Company' movie (Vivek oberoi)the movie has turned out to be
      horrible and stupid attempt and a flop.

      Now coming to its theme spot lokhandwala. I just can't understand
      why you need 150 policemen and several inspectors and 20 jeeps
      with automatic guns and revolvers to bring out 5 criminals holed
      in a flat in a multi story building. There are so many chemicals
      and gases available and many methods are available to immobilise
      them.It is so easy in a flat. Cut water and electricity and food
      supplies also.

      Blindly shooting like cowards, the movie inadvertently portrays
      real character of Indian police. What is hurry to capture the
      criminals?

      Is Police dispensing justice on its own.'Thanedar bhi mein , Kaazi
      bhi mein'? Then what was wrong in the way late Bhindranwale held
      courts?Just because they are appointed by public process of
      recruitment and are civil servants?and poor Bhindranwale was
      private citizen? Can State act like a goonda? Are not police
      bypassing courts.They say courts are slow and witnesses not
      available .So you start killing deciding on your own who is a
      terrorist and criminal?And in which law killing a criminal is
      allowed ,even a murder convict?
      Why not close down courts then.
      I am surprised Supreme court of India did not ban this movie as it
      bypasses law process and glorifies murders by police. Better we
      close down all courts as they are not working any way. I would
      appeal to all judges in India to resign and retire. They are not
      needed, our police will decide who is criminal and settle matter
      at point of guns.

      There is something called detective intelligence, agents and spy
      system and commando operations. Police officials may benefit by
      Reading James Bond novels.Any idiot can shoot and kill anyone.

      Any person of ordinary intelligence backed by State's might behind
      him could bring those criminals out of holes in maximum 72 hrs.
      Mumbai police can sure requisition my free services next time. I
      will sure help them learn how to trap and capture such criminals
      despite having AK 47s with them. Brutal force is not the only
      way.When cornered and theratened with fasle encounters ,any body
      will fight to live.Third degree methods used by Britishers are
      still used by these 'hafta collecting, untrained ,corrupt and
      arrogant uniformed goondas ' Condition is bad in entire country as
      laws are bad. The senior officers are so arrogant (IPS) and
      corrupt, power and luxury seeking persons. They think that by
      passing a rotten and poorly designed UPSC examination they have
      obliged the nation and are more capable then society from where
      they come and who employs them and pay their salaries. It is Time
      for massive police reforms. Cut their hands. Since India lacks
      national character arbitrary powers can't be given to uniformed
      people anyway.

      But policemen are trigger happy. The whole rank and file is
      corrupt, pot bellied and Indian policemen encouraged by corrupt
      polticians and casteist groups in policeforces think they have got
      license to kill a la James Bond.That is what they must have seen
      in Rajasthan in gujjar movement. When people will take law in
      their hands the police stations will turn into ashes.They should
      not take peaceful society for granted.

      They are grossly wrong intheior approach. Their duty is to capture
      a criminal (can be called accused only or a suspect)with evidences
      and witnesses and produce them to process of law. That is how
      civilised society functions. As rightly commented at one place by
      Amitabh Bachchan (acting as police attorney)what is difference
      between unformed gangsters(ATS) and non uniformed ones?

      Who has given this right to police and under which law?

      Such movies glorifying murders and illegal acts by policemen
      should be banned completely. People should send letters of protest
      to CJI and President and Home Minister of India.

      All law abiding and intellectuals should press for reform of
      police Act, Cr.PC and IPC to make police more accountable and they
      better start learning to behave. It is enough fun. Already 60
      years have passed since India became free.Thye have made enough
      money and have acted like goondas for quite a long period. indian
      courts should also start behaving and modernise and cut down time
      for justice.they should feel ashamed.merely givign excuses that
      judges are short is not enough.Has poeple of india declined to
      appoint more judges.The whole system is corrupt.

      First thing to go is corruption and misbehaviour. Any person
      visiting a police-station encounters uncultured, arrogant,
      misbehaved and foul mouthed goonda type guys in uniform with sheer
      direspect and discourtesy to citizens. Most of time they side with
      criminals as there lies the money. They should feel ashamed of
      themselves.

      It won't be out of place to hypothesize that police is a big
      factor in making hardened criminals in society. Lesser the
      policemen the better.
      Limit their powers and prosecute them for each death at hands of
      policemen in custody or otherwise. From Death penalty to life
      imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10 lacs should be imposed.For
      polcie custody death, death penalty should be prescribed.

      Police is to protect lives and property in nation and not to kill
      as trigger happy idiots. Only those should go to police service
      like in army who are prepared to die in action. Policing is going
      to be very very serious matter and function in future with
      globalised world, Internet, modern equipment and weapons and
      intellectual criminals. There is no place for corrupt, luxury
      seeking, air conditioned room couching , clerical exams passing
      idiots in police force. They must opt to gp yo police force with
      values and ideals and be ready to die in action. They have to
      learn modern methods of crime detection and not third degree hit
      and kick, misbehave and shoot approach. It won't work. Crimes will
      increase, so will increase hatred against police.Which in turn
      will make tjheior task more difficult .Are we moving to jungle
      Raj? is it democracy?These questionbs we all should ask
      ourselves.Stop tolerating nonsense .
    • seculartraitor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2007
        Lokhandwalla was a supari murder carried out at the instruction of
        terorists. it was a fake encounter so all these logics are not
        relevant.

        Bombay Police draws salary from People of India and works for
        underworld.

        --- In India-Force@yahoogroups.com, "Prof R K Gupta-India"